COVID-19 Q & A
The Office of Registrar is currently offering many remote services to students in order to keep everyone as safe as possible during this difficult time. We know that you have many questions, and we will do our best to provide you with as many answers as possible. Kindly note, that the situation is fluid, and we will continue to update this page as we receive new information. We appreciate your patience as we seek answers to your questions.
How can I contact someone at the Registrar’s Office?
The best way to contact someone at the Registrar’s Office is via email. Allow 2-3 business days to receive a response from our staff.
- For questions about Graduation: Graduation.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about Records and Transcripts: Records.email@example.com
- For questions about DegreeWorks: Degreeworks.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about ePermit: Epermit.email@example.com
- For questions about TAP: TAP.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about FACTS: FACTS.email@example.com
- For questions about Excelsior: Excelsior.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all other Registrar inquiries: Registrar.email@example.com
How do I submit documents to the office?
Documents can be submitted using the Document Upload feature in CUNYfirst Student Self Service. For instructions on how to upload your documents to the Office of the Registrar, click here. Detailed information can be found on the Student Records page of our website.
When can I apply for Spring and Summer 2021 graduation?
The deadline to apply for the Spring 2021 graduation is March 28. Students who will complete their graduation requirements in the Summer term will apply for the Summer 2021 graduation from April 1 to April 25.
Are there any updates regarding the commencement ceremony?
The 2021 Commencement Ceremony will be offered virtually. All updates regarding the Commencement Ceremony will be posted on the Commencement Ceremony webpage.
How can I obtain my diploma?
For students who graduated after January 2020, diplomas will be mailed to your permanent address on CUNYfirst. Kindly make sure your contact information, address, email and telephone, are up to date. Monitor your LC email for important updates to include diploma information.
For students who graduated prior to January 2020:
In light of the increasing concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19 and our desire to keep everyone safe, Lehman College’s Office of the Registrar has transitioned to remote operations. Kindly monitor the Lehman College website for updates on when the College will reopen. Your diploma may be obtained through the following method:
- You may mail in a request to have your diploma mailed to your home or work. Please complete and send a Diploma Mailing Request with a 9 ½ x 12 ½ Padded Priority Mailer from the U.S Post Office, self-addressed and prepaid.
How do I request for an official transcript?
For instructions for ordering a transcript, click here. If you are currently enrolled student or were previously enrolled in the last semester or so, you can log into your CUNYfirst account and order a transcript through the Student Center.
For instructions, refer to Current Students section, using the link above.
- If you are a former student or alumni who used CUNYfirst previously, you can sign into CUNYfirst and follow the same instructions covered for current students (click link above for instructions).
- If you are former student or alumni that has not used CUNYfirst or is unable to order the transcript through CUNYfirst, you can order directly through CUNY’s transcript page by clicking the link above. We encourage students to select the PDF Transcript order option when possible. .
When does Summer and Fall 2021 registration begin?
Registration for the Summer 2021 session begins on April 6th. The registration date for the Fall 2021 term has not yet been determined. For updates regarding the registration date, kindly continue to monitor the Academic Calendars.
All students should review their CUNYfirst account to see their specific enrollment appointment for each term. For instructions on how to view your enrollment appointment, click here. For updates regarding the Summer and Fall registration dates and other important dates and deadlines, you may view the Academic Calendars.
Are Summer and Fall courses being offered in person, on the college campus or online?
Due to COVID-19, Lehman College is offering Fully-Online classes for the majority of Summer and Fall courses. There are two different ways for Fully-Online offerings which are:
- Synchronous Online: Synchronous online courses resemble traditional on-campus college classes in that students must be (virtually) present at the same time. Though they are conducted over the Internet and synchronous courses unfold in real-time. Students must commit to scheduled class times and sign onto their virtual learning platform on schedule. During these courses, students will watch video lessons and slideshow presentations and even have virtual class discussions
- Asynchronous Online: Asynchronous online courses, on the other hand, do not require you to log in to your virtual classroom at a specified time. Students do not have to stick to a strict schedule to engage in live classes or discussions.
How will synchronous/ asynchronous courses appear in CUNYfirst?
For more information on how each type of course will appear in CUNYfirst, click here to view our informational guide. A webpage has been created dedicated to Synchronous and Asynchronous courses, which provides detailed definitions.
Do I still register for courses online in CUNYfirst?
Yes. Registration has not been impacted by COVID-19 and students can enroll for courses through the Student Center in CUNYfirst. As previously mentioned, students should review their CUNYfirst account to see their specific enrollment appointment for each term. Your enrollment appointment date and time denotes when you have access to enroll for courses in CUNYfirst. This date and time cannot be modified or changed.
I need to retake a course I previously earned a grade of D. How do I enroll into the course?
A grade of “D” is still considered a passing grade, therefore students will not be able to enroll on their own in CUNYfirst and our office will need to enroll students on their behalf. Students may submit a Course Repeat Request online via their Lehman 360 account.
I need to retake a course I previously earned a grade of C- or better. How do I enroll into the course?
Similar to a grade of “D”, students who earned a grade of C- or better is still considered a passing grade and our office will need to enroll students on their behalf. Students may submit a Course Repeat Request online via their Lehman 360 account.
I want to enroll into a course that is currently full. How do I enroll into the course?
Students should contact the department of the respective course to obtain permission for closed courses. Any permission granted for any course should be placed in CUNYfirst by the department to facilitate enrollment. The Office of the Registrar does not issue permission for courses under any circumstances.
I want to enroll into a course that requires permission to enroll. How do I enroll into the course?
Students should contact the department of the respective course to obtain permission for courses that require department consent. Any permission granted for any course should be placed in CUNYfirst by the department to facilitate enrollment. The Office of the Registrar does not issue permission for courses under any circumstances.
When is the last day to resolve INC grades earned in the Fall 2020 term?
The deadline to resolve INC grades earned in the Fall 2020 term is May 17th. For any updates regarding these deadlines, you may view the Academic Calendars.
I want to take an ePermit at another institution. How do I obtain permission to do so?
- To take an ePermit at another CUNY college: Students will need to initiate an ePermit request for approval in CUNYfirst. For instructions, click here. All permits require approval from the respective academic department before the permit is processed in the Office of the Registrar.
- To take an ePermit at a non-CUNY college: Students will need to complete a Non-CUNY Permit Application. To complete the application, click here. Return the completed form to ePermit.Registrar@lehman.cuny.edu.
New York State TAP
HESC has created a FAQs for students to address how they have adapted their policies and operations to meet the challenges of COVID-19. For more information, visit the website.
Excelsior Scholarship & Awards
The opening date for the 2020-21 Excelsior Scholarship application has not yet been determined. Sign up to receive updates on the 2020-21 Excelsior Scholarship.