Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
search this website
Search This Website Click Here

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage

Office of the Registrar at Lehman College

Registrar One-Stop

*ATTENTION: In light of the increasing concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and our desire to keep everyone safe, Lehman College’s Office of Registrar is transitioning to remote operations at this time. We are still here to assist. For any questions or concerns, email us at Registrar.Office@Lehman.Cuny.Edu. You can expect a return email within the next 2-3 business days. Thanks for your patience during this time of transition, and stay safe.

Audited Courses

All students, matriculated and non-degree, may audit any course other than a laboratory, provided attendance in the course does not involve the use of consumable material and/or equipment. Auditors will be charged regular tuition. Audited courses cannot be used to qualify for full-time or part-time status, financial aid, or veteran's benefits AUD - graded courses carry no credits, but auditors must fulfill the instructor's requirements for auditors. AUD - graded courses should not be confused with courses graded "No Credit." To register as an auditor, prior written permission of the instructor and the appropriate department chair is required. No change from regular registration to auditing, nor from auditing to regular registration, will be permitted after the regular registration period has ended.

Degree Verifications

A degree verification is required when a company or third party needs to verify a student's graduation status.

Companies or Third Parties who wish to submit a degree verification request may log on to:

Encore Enrollment

Through Lehman's Encore Program, New York State residents 60 years and older are permitted to enroll as auditors in Lehman College undergraduate courses on a space-available basis, tuition-free. Senior citizens (Encore students) will not receive academic credit. Individuals enrolling under this program are charged a $65 fee per semester, plus a $15 consolidated fee. Senior citizens who wish to enroll for credit must pay full tuition and fees.

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for enrolling Encore students into their desired courses. Encore registration begins on the first day of the semester and continues through the late registration period. When necessary, departmental consent should be provided to students prior to registration. Academic departments should not register prospective Encore students as this may cause issues with the student’s grading basis and finances, ultimately delaying the grade submission process.

Inquiries regarding Encore registration can be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar email.

Enrollment Letters

Lehman College has recruited the National Student Clearinghouse, NSC, to act as an agent for verification of student enrollment. Effective summer 2016, verification certificates/letters can be accessed online through Lehman College/ Student Connect.

To access the FREE enrollment verification certificates/letters:

 Log on to our student portal at Lehman Connect via Lehman One Access or at

Once you log in, please select My Student Connect tab.

Click on the Enrollment Report link on the left side of the page.

You will be able to see a variety of options presented by NSC. You can instantly download and print enrollment verification letters.

DO NOT USE the browser back/forward buttons. You will easily be able to navigate through the services by selecting Student Self-Service Home.

Please LOG OUT when you are done to protect the privacy of your information.

In Student Self-Service, you can: Print enrollment verification certificates,find out when deferment notices were sent to your student lenders, view your enrollment history, view the proofs of enrollment sent on your behalf to student service providers, and get a list of your student loan holders.


For more detailed information on the ePermit process, click here. If you experience any issues, you may contact the Office of the Registrar via email at ePermit.Registrar@Lehman.Cuny.Edu.

In-School Loan Deferment Requests

To be eligible for an in-school loan deferment, students must be registered for at least six credits. An in-school deferment request form must be completed each semester while the student remains enrolled at least half time (6 credits or more). Deferment forms may be submitted via email at Registrar.Office@Lehman.Cuny.Edu for processing. Please note, this request can only be done after the Add/Drop period of the specified semester. For the dates of the Add/Drop period, please view the Academic Calendar.

Military Personnel

Students claiming refunds because of induction into the armed forces must submit a copy of induction or military orders.

Pass/Fail Option

Students may elect P/F grades for a maximum of 18 credits in their degree program under the following conditions:

The course for P/F must be outside (a) the College degree requirements (b) the major, minor, or interdisciplinary program and the courses offered by Lehman's teacher education departments, except for those education courses that have Pass/Fail or Pass/No Credit grading basis. 

Only one P/F course may be elected in any semester, with the exception for those courses that have a P/F grading basis.

The P/F choice may not be changed after the College late registration period has ended.

The credits taken on a P/F grading basis will not be counted toward the major and minor. 


Students dropping courses will be refunded according to the refund date periods posted on our Academic Calendar. Dropping a course differs from withdrawing from a course in that the course is completely deleted from your record—you do not remain registered for the dropped course. The only way a student receives a 100% tuition refund is when they drop a class before the first day of the semester/session. Once the semester/session begins, you are entitled to a percentage of tuition refund, according to the refund dates listed in the academic calendar for that particular semester/session.

Repeated Courses

Students who wish to repeat a course in which they earned a passing grade of "D" should contact our office via email at Registrar.Office@Lehman.Cuny.Edu. In your email to our office, kindly ensure to include your name, EMPLID, and the class/section number you are attempting to repeat. A course with a grade of "C-" or higher requires permission from the Office of Academic Advisement. For information on how to meet with the appropriate advisement unit, you may click here.

Residency Issues

Any continuing Lehman College student (has attended Lehman for more than one semester) with a change in residency status or other residency issues may contact us via email at Registrar.Office@Lehman.Cuny.Edu for assistance. First semester students should contact the Admissions Office via email at Undergraduate.Admissions@Lehman.Cuny.Edu if you are an Undergraduate student or Graduate.Admissions@Lehman.Cuny.Edu if you are a Graduate student.

Veterans/Military Credits

Veterans applying for education benefits should contact the Office of Veteran and Student Affairs with a DD214 form. Veterans who wish to apply for military credit should complete the appropriate documents with their office. Veterans may receive up to 8 elective credits, depending on the length of active military service. Students may contact their office via email at Veterans.Affairs@Lehman.Cuny.Edu.

Withdrawal Drop Period- WD Grades

Withdrawing from a course during the Withdrawal Drop Period means you receive a non-punitive grade of "WD" on your academic record. The percentage of refund during the withdrawal drop period is based on the date of withdrawal. Kindly refer to the Academic Calendar for each semester/session to determine the refund percentage.

A "WD" grade does not display on the student's academic transcript, nor does this grade carry an academic penalty. However, they are counted as credits attempted for purposes of measuring satisfactory academic progress. The student remains liable for the percentage of tuition based on the date of withdrawal.

Withdrawal Period- W Grades

Withdrawing from a course during the Withdrawal Period means you receive a non-punitive grade of “W” on your academic record. No refund is involved with a withdrawal. The last day for the withdrawal period is always listed in the Academic Calendar for each semester/session. You may withdraw from a class(es) via Student-Self Service in CUNYfirst.

A "W" grade will display on the student's academic transcript, and this grade does not carry an academic penalty. However, they are counted as credits attempted for purposes of measuring satisfactory academic progress. The student remains liable for unpaid tuition.

WN Grades

A grade of "WN" is assigned to students who have not participated in an academically related activity. This grade is assigned by the instructor via the Verification of Enrollment Roster after the third week of classes.

A "WN" grade does not display on the student's academic transcript, nor does this grade carry an academic penalty. However, a WN grade may negatively impact a student's Federal and State Aid.

If a student received a "WD" grade, however, did not participate in an academically related activity, a WN grade will replace the WD grade once the instructor submits their Verification of Enrollment Roster.

WU and F Grades Policy

A grade of 'WU' is a failure grade given to a student who participated in the class (at least one academic related activity) and stopped participating. This grade is assigned by the instructor to indicate that the student stopped participating in the course before the end of the semester; or as a result of excessive absences for which there is no basis to give a final letter grade of "A to F," and the conditions for a grade of 'INC' do not apply. The WU grade is a punitive grade which will impact their academic and financial records. If a student wishes to receive credit for the course, it must be repeated with a passing grade of a C- or higher, and remains on the transcript

A grade of "F" is a failure grade given to a student who completed the class and failed. This grade is assigned for work that in the judgment of the instructor does not deserve college credit. This grade is calculated in the GPA as zero and no credit will be earned. If a student wishes to receive credit for the course, it must be repeated with a passing grade of C- or higher, and remains on the transcript.

Click HERE PDF Icon to view the CUNY Uniform Grade Glossary.

Click HERE PDF Icon  to view the Clarification of Non-Passing Grades.