Institutional effectiveness (IE) is a systematic, integrated, and ongoing process of planning, assessment, program review, resource allocation, and accreditation to enable the college to pursue its mission, achieve its vision and goals, and continuously improve. IE allows the college to engage in evidence-informed decisions that promote student success and make efficient use of its resources.
IE at Lehman College covers:
- Assessment (Academic, General Education, and Academic and Educational Support)
- Academic Program Review
- Accreditation (Institutional and Programmatic)
- The Performance Management Process (PMP)
- Budgeting and Planning
- Strategic Planning
IE initiatives enable institutions to understand their performance and use data to inform budgeting, planning, and decision-making. IE helps institutions to:
- Live up to their mission, vision, and values
- Achieve their goals and objectives
- Advance student success
- Improve their curriculum and pedagogy
- Fulfill accreditation and regulatory requirements
In sum, IE is about an institution, its students, and its other stakeholders. IE at Lehman College is the foundation on which the school transforms its students' lives and advances the community’s well-being.