Services and Programs Provided
All student veterans (veterans, service members, and dependents) enrolled at Lehman College are eligible for services. We invite you to stop by our office to meet our Coordinator of Veterans and Military Affairs and to participate in all programs and activities offered. The Office provides assistance, advice, and counseling to all veterans and their dependents in all phases of college life.
- One Stop Admission Services
- Receive assistance with advocacy and liaison to the college community, Veterans Affairs, and Department of Defense, etc.
- Help with transitioning from being a service member to being a student
- Assitance with identifying funding and education needs
- Help with applying for educational benefits (federal and state)
- Assistance in the completion of the VA Certification process
- Help with applying and obtaining Work-Study positions
- Receive help with tuition deferments
- Help with preparing rèsumès and conducting job searches, etc.
- Assistance with housing and legal issues
- Gain access to campus educational and support services
Referrals to available tutorial services, either through the Veterans Administration (if eligible) or through Lehman's Instructional Support Services Program ISSP).
Lehman College and its agents including third party lead generators, marketing firms, or companies that own or operate the educational institutions will:
- Ban inducements, including any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, transportation, lodging, meals, or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimis amount, to any individual or entity, or its agents including third party lead generators or marketing firms other than salaries paid to employees or fees paid to contractors in conformity with all applicable laws for the purpose of securing enrollments of Service members or obtaining access to Military Tuition Assistance (TA) funds. Educational institution sponsored scholarships or grants and tuition reductions available to military students are permissible, and;
- Refrain from providing any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including TA funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance, and;
- Refrain from high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.