Lehman is offering extensive online training courses, helpful tips, and questions and answers. Our online learning platform is Blackboard where you will find your assignments, videos, course material and tests. But don't wait for your first day of class to log on. Please review the below information as you prepare to take your courses this Fall. We want this to be a very successful semester for you.
Laptop/Device & WiFi Loan Program
Do you need a laptop or wifi to complete your studies this fall? Lehman College has available alimited supply of iPads, Chromebook laptops and WiFi hotspot devices for currently enrolled students who do not have a device for their studies. In order to request a device, FILL OUT THIS FORM.
Blackboard is CUNY’s an online learning management system platform that brings course material, discussion groups, videos, assignments, and other content to your computer or mobile device.
- New to Blackboard? Start with CUNY’s Blackboard help center. Additional Blackboard resources can be found on the Blackboard help page and on the Lehman Blackboard website.
- To complete a quiz on Blackboard, it is recommended to use Firefox, if possible.
- Blackboard complies with web content accessibility guidelines and functions with screen readers such as ZOOM and Browse Aloud.
Need assistance? Contact the IT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs for Online Learning
The Office of Online Learning and Lehman College faculty have put together the following resources to prepare you for learning online.
1. Lehman College Online Student Orientation “Are You Ready?” a 1-hour, asynchronous, self-paced, non- credit online course, designed to help students prepare for online learning, get oriented with the Blackboard environment, and develop the necessary technology proficiency. You will receive a certificate after successfully completing the online orientation. Your instructor may ask you to submit the PDF certificate as proof that you completed the online orientation. The self-paced orientation may be accessed here.
2. How to Succeed Online: The Blackboard guide offers some helpful tips to students who might be new to online learning. For more information, click here.
3. Distance Learning: Tips for CUNY Students: Prepared by CUNY’s Macaulay Honors College and the Graduate Center to offer student resources and tips for success for remote/online learning. Visit the webpage here.
While the campus is not open, the College remains fully operational. All of the business offices that were available to students in person remain available now. Find a full list of offices, business hours and contact information here.