Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
search this website
search this website

Lehman College Logo Click Here to go back to Homepage

Finanical Aid Office at Lehman College

Continuing Student

Application Process

The application process for almost all federal, state, local and college financial aid programs begins with the filing of a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) application. New York state residents should also file a Tuition Assistance Program (TAP application)

The 2024-25 Year FAFSA (for Summer 2024, Fall 2024, Spring 2025 enrollment) is NOW OPEN and will look differently. To File NOW click here! (You can also Click here for additional information.)

Please note: If you have already filed the 2024-25 TAP application you MUST complete your FAFSA BEFORE February 15, 2024. If you do not, your 2024-25 TAP application will be cancelled and must be resubmitted.

If you submitted your FAFSA application, and have not yet applied for TAP, please click here to begin the TAP Application.


Follow these 5 steps to help you through the Financial Aid process:

1. Create an FSA ID (if you don't already have one) in order to sign your FAFSA application. If you are a dependent student, your parent will need one as well. If your parent doesn’t have a Social Security number (SSN), your parent won’t be able to create an FSA ID (which requires an SSN). This means you’ll have to select the option to print and sign the signature page when you get to the end of your FAFSA form on and mail it to the address provided on that page.

2. Complete both the FAFSA application (use Lehman School Code 007022) and TAP application (use Lehman School Code 1412).

3. Review your Tasks and Holds section on CUNYfirst. If you are required to submit any additional Financial Aid documentation, log on to your Student Forms account and complete any pending task(s).

4. Check your Financial Aid status (you can view this in your CUNYfirst Student Center)

5. You will need a Major declared once you earn 60 or more credits in order to receive your Financial Aid. Declare your Major if you have earned 60 or more credits towards your Degree requirements.