Get Health Insurance
Family Health Plus: The Student Health Center hosts a health insurance advisor on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9-4pm starting January 30, 2013, to assist students in obtaining Family Health Plus insurance (a free state-wide program of Medicaid). In order to be eligible for Family Health Plus, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be 19 years of age or older;
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Make less than $900/month;
- Live in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, or Queens.
Required Documentation for Application (bring at least one item listed under each category):
- Identity/Date of Birth (birth certificate, adoption records, passport, naturalization certificate, or legal resident card)
- N.Y.S. Residence (utility bill, letter from landlord, lent leceipts, lease signed within 3 months, driver’s license issued within 3 months, or postmarked envelope - no window envelopes)
- Proof of Income (last 4 pay-stubs if weekly, last 2 pay-stubs if bi-weekly, letter from employer, or self-employed-all tax forms)
- Social Security (Social Security Card or Letter from Social Security Office)
- Immigration Status (INS Documentation)
- Resources (Bank statement)
None of the insurance plans listed below are endorsed by Lehman College or the Student Health Center:
NYC Health Insurance Link is an initiative of the Office of Citywide Health Insurance Access and Human Resources Administration/Department of Social Services.
CUNY-GHI (now called Emblem Health) is low-cost health insurance for CUNY students taking 6 credits or more. Premiums are quarterly and enrollment periods begin at the start of Fall and Spring semesters.
Stu-Dent plan offered by New York University College of Dentistry provides quality dental services to restore and maintain your teeth and gums. Their low enrollment fee is less than it would cost to visit just once for a check-up, cleaning, and x-ray.
International Student Insurance and Travel Insure provide health insurance for international students, and U.S. students who are studying abroad.
Last modified: Dec 21, 2012