Faculty and Staff Workshop Schedule - Fall 2014
Registration is required. To register, visit the ITR Workshop Calendar. Click on the workshop title to register.
For further information on the workshop schedule, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Managing an Electronic Mailing List
- Lehman Email on Mobile Devices
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Blackboard Special Topics: Grade Center
- Managing Your Data on Apple Devices and Computers: Whats new in Yosemite and iOS8
This workshop will assist you to easily create professional-looking documents using various themes, visual designs, formatting tools, and sharing features. To register, go to the ITR Workshop Calendar.
- Tuesay, November 18, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm, CL 126, IT Center, Carman Hall
This workshop introduces the basic skills required to create and edit a Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 presentation. Participants will learn how to create a new presentation, change the font and color of presentation text, create and modify bulleted slides, insert clip art, and apply design templates. To register, go to the ITR Workshop Calendar.
- Tuesday, November 10, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm, CL 126, IT Center, Carman Hall
This workshop is designed for staff who manage electronic mailing lists hosted on our Listserv servers (list.lehman.edu, lehman.listserv.cuny.edu) or are autthorized to send mail to the campus group mail lists (e.g. facutly-l, studetns-l). Topics will include managing subscribers, formatting effective messages, evaluating the effectiveness of messages, configuration options, security, and list archives. To register, go to the ITR Workshop Calendar.
- Wednesday, December 3, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, CL 125, IT Center, Carman Hall
Learn how to configure your mobile devices with your Lehman mail, calendar, and contacts while on the go. To register, go to the ITR Workshop Calendar.
- Sunday, November 9, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm, CL 125, IT Center, Carman Hall
In this introductory workshop on SNAP survery software, staff and faculty will learn how to create and publish a questionnaire, to set up an online survey, and to retrieve and analyze results. To register, go to the ITR Workshop Calendar.
- Tuesday, November 5, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, CL 125, IT Center, Carman Hall
Blackboard is a Web-base course-management system used to conduct a class entirely or partially online and to supplement traditional classroom instruction with materials accessible over the internet. The main course areas including Course Documetns, the Discussion Board and the Grade Roster as well as the new features of the recent Blacboard upgrade will be introduced in this workshop. To register, go to the ITR Workshop Calendar.
- Monday, September 8, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm, CL 126, IT Center, Carman Hall
The Blackboard Grade Center allows instructors to record grades for the various items to be included in the overall grade, compute intermediate and final grades, apply weights and inform students of their grades. Assignments, tests, quizzes, discussions, etc. may be automatically added to the Grade Center as they are added to the course. Where appropriate, these items can be automatically graded. Grades may be downloaded to and uploaded from Excel.
To register, go to the ITR Workshop Calendar.
- Wednesday, November 19, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, CL 125, IT Center, Carman Hall
New Apple operating systems for computers and mobile device will be coming out in the fall. One of the main features of them will be when Macs and iOS devices are near each other, they can automatically pass whatever you are doing from one device to another. This include call, texting, writing reports, and using Apple apps. This workshop will review these and other new features. To register, go to the ITR Workshop Calendar.
- Thursday, November 20, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm, CL 119, IT Center, Carman Hall