About Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 for Education is a cloud-based collaboration suite that works with the installed versions of Microsoft Office software you are already using at Lehman: Outlook email, Contacts, Calendar, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Please make sure that you have downloaded Microsoft Office 2016 on your desktop or laptop, as it is optimized for use with Office 365. See the Guides and Resources section for more information.
Features: In addition to the Office components that you are already using, there are several new apps that are part of Office 365 to enhance collaboration and information sharing with Lehman colleagues and students. Office 365 video guides can be found here. Office 365 is reliable, secure, and always up-to-date. Find out more about Office 365 under the Resources and Guides section. Here is a preview of some of the Office 365 apps you can use now:
- Use Forms for polls, quizzes, and surveys, and view the responses in real time.
- Share ideas with colleagues, committees, and project groups with Teams.
- Manage your work using Planner and Tasks .
- Collaborate in real time and develop course material using OneNote and Notebook .
- Brainstorm and map concepts using Sway , a digital storytelling app.
- Try Kaizala , a simple and secure mobile chat app that enables you to connect and coordinate across your network.
- Find information across all your data using Delve .
- Organize, share and access your files on any device with 1 terabyte of space using OneDrive .
Sharing: Office 365 makes it easier than ever to share documents and collaborate with colleagues and students. Brainstorm and collaborate with colleagues by coauthoring in Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Share right from your document with a click of a button or use the new features in Outlook to attach files from OneDrive and automatically configure permissions. Office apps pick up right where you left off, regardless of the device you were using.
Review, edit, and present your documents across any of your devices —from your PC or Mac to your Apple, and Android phones and tablets.
Office across all of your devices: CUNY is providing Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus to all active faculty and staff at no cost via the Microsoft Office in Education program. Each active employee of the University may install this suite of productivity software on up to five personal devices, including desktops and laptops, tablets, and smart phones. This free version includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
The Office 365 ProPlus license remains active until you leave the University. At that point, you’ll be prompted to pay a license fee to Microsoft or can opt to stop using Microsoft Office