Training for the new CUNYfirst Travel and Expense Module
On July 16, 2014, CUNY launched a new CUNYfirst Self-Service Travel and Expense module which automates the processing of all travel and expense reimbursements. All employees are now required to request travel authorizations and submit travel and expense reimbursements using this online self- service application. The approval of these transactions will also be done online. The intent is to streamline the process, reduce paperwork and speed up processing times.
With the launch of this system, training is now being offered to all employees who either submit or approve travel and expense requests and vouchers either for themselves or on behalf of others. Although this is a self-service system, attendance at this training is highly recommended since all travel requests and expense authorizations must be done through this module effective July 2014.
The recommended audience is as follows:
- Anyone who has travelled in the past year or expects to travel in the current year.
- Anyone who has submitted a claim for expense reimbursement in the past year or anticipates doing so in the current year.
- Anyone who is responsible for approving such claims and/or authorizations.
- Anyone who submits or approves such claims and/or authorizations on behalf of others (proxies).
For the training schedule, click here
A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Tax Levy Requisitions and Receipts is now available on Lehman Connect. Staff and faculty should login with their Lehman username and password. Select Division of Administration and Finance under Portal Links on Home tab. You will find the reference document under the Procurement Documents tab. The document is in PDF format and may be viewed with Adobe Acrobat. You will need to save the document on your computer before you can open it. You may also go directly to Procurement area on the Portal by selecting the following link: https://connect.lehman.edu/administration-finance/home/Procurement%20Documents/Forms/Allitems.aspx.
Update: Your Financial Aid on CUNYfirst
CUNYfirst now allows you to see more and do more with Financial Aid awards. You can:
View Self-Service pages for Financial Aid award packages
View `To Do List' which provide information on required documents to submit to the Financial Aid Office to complete the award process
Accept, decline and reduce awards such as Perkins Loan, Direct Loan, Federal Work Study
Access Links to complete Federal Direct Loan counseling requirements (entrance and exit)
Find applications to submit requests for Direct Loans, Perkins Loan, Aid for Part-time Study (APTS) and summer Federal Work Study
On-line applications for Direct Loan requests are currently not being accepted; please submit a paper Direct Loan application. Download and print application by clicking on the link below
- Direct Loan application [PDF]
For Financial Aid reference guides click here
What is CUNYfirst?
CUNYfirst stands for "Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool." CUNYfirst supports our Student Administration, Finance and Human Resources systems.
- Featuring an interconnected University-wide system that effectively ties into and manages students' education and records; faculty/staff employment and benefits information; and all College business operations.
- Putting into place systems and procedures that comply with CUNY's common goal of providing the best customer service to students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Implementing common processes that can be accepted across the University, while allowing campuses to continue their unique missions.
- Making available modern systems and processes that allow each user more control and flexibility.
- Accessing information when we need it so we can perform our work on our timetable.
- Retiring systems that are have reached their capacity and replacing them with modern educational and business systems.
Areas affected by CUNYfirst:
Several areas are already operational in CUNYfirst at Lehman, such as the Human Resources Self-Service segment, which allows faculty and staff to view and check personal information online and Campus Solutions which allows students to enroll in classes, making online payments, view academic and financial information on demand as well as allow faculty to enter grades online, and perform other transactions.
- View Areas affected by CUNYfirst: [Visual Aid]
Learn more at the University's CUNYfirst site.
Last modified: Jul 22, 2014