The Freshman Seminar is a single 3-credit course embedded in the learning community structure (offered in the first semester only) which is designed to ease our students’ transition from high school to college life and to promote discussion and reflection about academic goals. Overall, the seminar enhances academic performance by:
- Helping acquire a better understanding of the College’s general education requirements
- Helping to understand the nature of a liberal arts education
- Helping develop coping, critical thinking, problem-solving, and research skills
- Helping build useful college skills like effective reading, note-taking, test-taking, and time management
- Introducing helpful college resources such as community engagement, study abroad, career services and much more!