Lehman Foundation Scholarship
The Lehman College Foundation offers scholarships to entering students with awards ranging from $1,000-$5,730 per academic year. The selection process is competitive. Awards are granted based on outstanding academic performance. Please fill out the General Scholarship Application Form in order to be considered for the Lehman Foundation Scholarship. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed in order to qualify for the Lehman Foundation Scholarship.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for Foundation scholarships are strongly encouraged to take both the SAT and Regents exams, as award candidates are evaluated on the strength of their high school records and SAT/Regents scores. All entering freshmen who are granted a Foundation Scholarship will be notified via mail by the Office of Academic Testing and Scholarships prior to the semester in which they are registered to take courses. Scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.0 grade point average or higher in their college studies in order to continue to be eligible for the Lehman Foundation Scholarship.
The College and the Lehman College Foundation also award scholarships to qualified and currently enrolled students in many fields of study. Students who are interested in inquiring about available awards may contact the Scholarship Office, Shuster Hall, Room 205, via email at email@example.com or at 718-960-8382.
Macaulay Honors College Scholarship
The Macaulay Honors College is an outstanding educational and financial opportunity for entering freshmen with highly competitive academic records. Students apply by submitting a completed Honors College application.
- full tuition for four years of study
- an academic expense account of $7,500 over four years to cover enriching experiences, such as study abroad, internships, or research projects;
- a laptop computer and textbook allowance;
- a Cultural Passport which provides access to the many riches of New York City, including concerts, theater, art, science and history museums, galleries, and other cultural institutions.
- challenging courses and seminars with a world-class faculty of eminent scientists, writers, and artists;
- participation in seminars with university scholars from other campuses;
- internships and research opportunities in the arts, sciences, business, and government;
- opportunities to attend local and national conferences and special university events.
St. George's Scholarship
In 2008, the Board of Directors of the St. George's Society of New York established the St. George's Scholarship for Lehman College students of British and/or British Commonwealth heritage entering their senior year. The awards, of up to $5,000 each, will enable Lehman students to complete their studies and graduate. The St. George's Scholarship is directed to matriculated, full-time, undergraduate students with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and a minimum of 90 credits. For a list of eligible countries, please click here.
For further information and for an application please contact the Scholarship Office, Shuster Hall, Room 205, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 718-960-8382.
Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation in the Sciences
Funding for science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) majors interested in research is available through the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation in Research Program (LSAMP). If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, have a GPA of 3.0 or better, and are African American or of African descent, Hispanic, American Indian, Alaskan Native, or Native Pacific Islander, you may be eligible to receive up to $10,000 for the academic year. For more info, contact the Science Learning Center's LSAMP coordinator, Uchenna (John) Unachukwu, at 718-960-8169, email@example.com
Students interested in applying for scholarships, grants, and awards can begin their funding search by consulting the following online sources.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- Scholarship Website List
- Scholarship Websites and Searchable Databases - Accessible Text-Only Version