Prepping for your Lehman Classes
Crafting Your Syllabi
To welcome new faculty and to assist those who have not yet had an opportunity to design a syllabus independently, in the four video modules below Dr. Harriet (Niki) Fayne shares the key elements of writing a quality syllabus with student learning always at the center. Although this was created while Dr. Fayne was Dean of the School of Education, the "big ideas," specific recommendations, sample syllabi (created by faculty), and visuals/video (created by Leslie Lieman), will have long-lasting value in supporting instructors as they craft syllabi and prepare for teaching courses at Lehman College.
Crafting Your Syllabi resources:
- Lehman College Syllabi Guidelines (PDF)
- Crafting Your Syllabi Links and Samples (PDF)
- Crafting Your Syllabi Transcript (PDF)
- Crafting Your Syllabi Slides (PDF)
- Dr. Maryam Bamshad, 2016 Teacher of the Year, shares her Bio 340 Syllabus -- a clear, concise and "promising" syllabus example.
|Dr. Maryam Bamshad, 2016 Teacher of the Year, shares her Bio 340 Syllabus -- a clear, concise and "promising" syllabus example.|