Transferring from Borough of Manhattan Community College
Lehman College and Borough of Manhattan Community College have partnered to develop a clear pathway for Borough of Manhattan Community College students to follow when seeking to transfer to Lehman College upon completion of their Associates degree.
Benefits of this partnership include:
- The opportunity to earn degrees from two quality public institutions with the lowest tuition rates regionally
- The ability to transfer up to 70 community college credits toward your Bachelors degree
- Academic Advising services from professional advisors
- Up-to-the-minute information about recruitment events, open houses, etc.
- Invitations to participate in Lehman College campus events
Transferring with an Associate’s degree
It is suggested that students transfer to Lehman College once they have completed their Associate’s degree. Students transferring to Lehman College with an AA or AS degree with a GPA of 2.0 or higher will be considered to have met their lower level General Education requirements. Students transferring to Lehman with an A.A.S. degree will be required to complete the CUNY Pathways General Education Curriculum.
Transferring to Lehman without an Associate’s degree
While we encourage students to complete their Associate’s degree, often times students choose to transfer to Lehman College before completing their Associate’s degree. In these cases we suggest that students, who can complete their Associate's degree during their first two semesters at Lehman College, work in tandem with Advisors at both Lehman and Borough of Manhattan Community College to ensure that students maximize opportunities to take courses that satisfy both their degree requirements at Lehman and the remaining coursework at Borough of Manhattan Community College. The transfer database contained on this page can serve as a tool to help students identify courses that can be applied to both their Lehman degree and their Borough of Manhattan Community College degree. Students that complete their Associates degree while enrolled at Lehman College will have their lower-level General Education requirements waived as mentioned above.
Information for current College Discovery students
Current College Discovery students interested in transferring to Lehman College should consult the Lehman College SEEK Program transfer information webpage.
Applying to Lehman College
Students interested in transferring to Lehman College should visit the Lehman College application page for complete application information.
If you have missed the application deadline for the semester you are interested in attending Lehman please contact the Lehman College Office of Admissions at (718) 960-8713.
How do my Credits Transfer into my degree program at Lehman College?
Class by Class Transfer Information
To assist you in better understanding how your credits will transfer into Lehman College, we encourage you to use the "evaluate my transfer credit" tool in CUNYfirst. This will provide you with up-to-date information on how courses are transferred from Borough of Manhattan Community College to Lehman College. If you don't see one of your courses listed there, it may not have been evaluated yet. Click here for instructions on how to use this tool.
Articulation Agreements are agreements between a community college and a four year college designed to provide students with information on the courses that they should complete while pursuing their Associate’s degree and what courses will be required upon transferring.
- AAS Business Management (CareerWise Business Services Track) to BBA [PDF]
- AAS Business Management (CareerWise Financial Services Track) to BBA [PDF]
- AAS Computer Information Systems (CareerWise Technology Track) to BS Computer Info Systems [PDF]
- Animation and Motion Graphics to BFA Studio Art [PDF]
- Business Management (CareerWise Business Services Track) [PDF]
- Community Health to BS Health Education Option 1 [PDF]
- Community Health to BS Health Education Option 2 [PDF]
- Ethnic Studies to BA Latin American and Caribbean Studies [PDF]
- Ethnic Studies to BA Latino Studies [PDF]
- Health Science to BS Dietetics Food Nutrition Option 1 [PDF]
- Health Science to BS Dietetics Food Nutrition Option 2 [PDF]
- Health Science to BS Exercise Science Option 1 [PDF]
- Human Services to BA Social Work [PDF]
- Linguistics and Literacy to BA Linguistics [PDF]
- Music to BS Music [PDF]
- Music Education to BS Music [PDF]
- Music Performance to BS Music [PDF]
- Theatre to BA Theatre [PDF]
- Theatre to BFA Multimedia Performing Arts - Dance [PDF]
- Theatre to BFA Multimedia Performing Arts - Theatre [PDF]
Information for Students Interested in Pursuing Lehman's RN Program
Minimum requirements for admission to the Clinical Nursing program and additional information about all Nursing programs can be found at the Nursing Department website (the first 4 links). Please note that meeting the minimum requirements for the program does not guarantee admission into the program.
Information for Students with RN Licence Seeking to Complete the Baccalaureate Degree
How can I learn more about life at Lehman College?
All Borough of Manhattan Community College students are encouraged to become fully engaged in events on-campus. With an Art Gallery, Theatre, Performing Arts Center, Division III athletics, and 100’s of campus events annually there is something for everyone. We invite you to visit our campus to see if Lehman is a good fit for you.
How can I learn about events on campus?
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
- Subscribe to Lehman’s Event Calendar
- Subscribe to the Admissions Events Calendar
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
What student programs are available at Lehman College?
Lehman College offers a wide array of Student Support Services, Sports and Recreation programs, Student Leadership Opportunities, and Student Organizations. A complete directory of programs is available on the Campus Life web page.
How do I get more information about transferring to Lehman College?
The Virtual Transfer Center at Lehman College provides students with useful information about transferring to Lehman College. The site contains an interactive comprehensive campus map, a video providing an overview of the application and admissions process, a detailed FAQ section, and links to the Admissions department, Financial Aid office, Bursar’s office, and a host of support services and special program for students.
Students with specific transfer related questions should contact the Lehman College Admission office at (718) 960-8713.