Non Degree Application Instructions
Before starting your application, contact the Program Advisor for approval to start the application process.
Non-Degree Application Deadlines
- Spring January 15
- Fall August 15
Create, Complete and Submit Online Non-Degree Application
Graduate Application for Non-Degree Admission - for those not applying to a master's degree, advanced certificate or extension program.
- For those who wish to complete the teacher certification process independently with the Department of Education (DOE), must apply as a non-degree student through one of the following pathways:
- An initial certificate through the Individual Evaluation
- An additional initial certificate through the Classroom Teaching Certification
- Advancing certificate level through the Certificate Progression
Please complete the pathways form and submit to the Program Advisor.
- To start the application, click on Create Account.
- Fill out the form on the next page with all your contact information.
- At the bottom of the page, create your unique username, password, and use an email that you check frequently.
This will be our primary method of communicating with you about your application status, decision, next steps, etc. We recommend that you do not opt out of communications with Lehman.
(Please note: If you applied before using our online application make sure you use a different username, password, and email address from what was on your prior application)
- When you get to the section, Begin Application Here, select the following:
- Admit type: Non-degree
- Program: (Select Program of Interest)
Before Submitting Application
- Upload supporting documents (programs may have additional requirements)
- Unofficial transcripts from your undergraduate and/or graduate record.
- Additional Documents you may need to upload:
- Professional License
- Professional Certificate
- Admissions tests (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Proof of Name
- Proof of Graduation
- Proof of Citizenship
- Proof of New York State Residency
- Proof of Status
- International Students (Students Educated Outside the United States)
Pay Application Fee
Mail your non-refundable $75.00 application fee and the Application Fee Voucher form (print from your ApplyYourself application) to the Bursar Office*:
- Add your Applicant Client ID, EMPL ID (if known), and the semester of entry to the memo portion of your check or money order.
- Make your check/money order payable to Lehman College and mail the payment to:
Bursar Office – Shuster Hall 031
250 Bedford Park Blvd. West
Bronx, New York 10468-1589
*You may contact the Bursar Office with questions about the status of the application fee payments.
Request Final Transcripts
Make sure you have submitted your application and have requested transcripts simultaneously.
- Transcripts can be uploaded directly to our application
- You may also request that they are sent via a digital credential company (ex. Parchment, E transcript, National Clearinghouse) to email@example.com or U.S. Postal Service to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Shuster Hall, Room 158
250 Bedford Park Blvd. West
Bronx, New York 10468
- Applicants who attended institutions outside the United States must submit foreign credit evaluation. Evaluations and translations should be completed 8-10 weeks prior to the deadline.
Application Review Process
- Once the application is complete, the Advisor for your program of interest will be alerted.
- Applications are reviewed and decisions made by the academic program admissions committee.
Next Steps Upon Acceptance
- Upon acceptance, you will receive registration and enrollment information via e-mail.
- Immunization Requirements – Students who register for a hybrid/in-person class will be required to submit completed COVID vaccination documentation NO LATER THAN 10 DAYS before the first day of classes, or the class will be dropped. COVID vaccine information can be submitted on the CUNYfirst Vaccine verification link located on your CUNYfirst menu. For questions and concerns please refer to the COVID-19 website or contact the Student Health Center regarding immunization.
We have provided answers to frequently asked questions for your perusal.