The mission of the School of Health Sciences, Human Services, and Nursing (HS2N) is to educate the next generation of leaders in the health sciences, human services, and health care professions that promote and improve the health and well-being of individuals, families, groups, and communities in a diverse global society, with special emphasis on urban populations. Our mission is reflective of the mission of Lehman College at City University of New York in that HS2N graduates are:
- Educated as health service administrators, exercise scientists, health educators, nutritionists and registered dietitians, recreation and therapeutic recreation educators, registered nurses and advanced practice registered nurses, social workers, and speech language and hearing professionals who are confident, ethical and independent thinkers who are culturally sensitive to the needs of the citizens in our local and regional communities; and
- Empowered as expert thinkers in their discipline, adept at facilitating local, national, and global health-care access; and
- Engaged as informed and prepared citizens and professionals to work with underserved urban communities and populations, addressing any and all challenges affecting the health and welfare of individuals and communities by using communication tools that speak to our diverse local and urban communities.
HS2N 90x30 Pledge
HS2N’s students, faculty, and staff pledge commitment to:
- Health equity and wellbeing of the citizens in the Bronx and beyond; and
- Data-driven advocacy and programs that promote social and environmental justice policies within and across our region, with and for the citizens of the Bronx and beyond; and
- Conducting research designed to further our ability to understand and enhance health and wellness of the community and beyond.