Student Teacher and Intern Applications -
Due full semester in advance!
Planning to be a Student Teacher or Intern (full-time lead teacher applicant) next semester? Unlike other course approvals, Student Teaching and Intern coursework require official faculty approvals a full semester in advance and applications are submitted in your Lehman 360 account*.
STEP 1: COMPLETE this INTEREST FORM which will enable us to give you access to the official Teaching Application in your own Lehman 360 account. The Interest Form is now CLOSED. Please contact your program coordinator for assistance.
STEP 2 or 3: COMPLETE the Lehman 360 Teaching Application. NOTE: This will only be available after 24 - 48 hours (excluding weekends) of submitting the above Interest Form. If you have any questions, visit Clinical Practice & Partnerships Open Office Hours. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for virtual office hours zoom link.
STEP 2 or 3: MEET with your Graduate Studies Program Coordinator/Advisor or Education Undergraduate Advisor as soon as possible and no later than the deadlines listed below. If you miss the deadlines below, coursework and student teaching/internship will be delayed to another semester.
|DEADLINES||Lehman 360 Teaching Application* (your EMPLID must be submitted in Interest Form above for L360 application)
Completed no later than:
Meet Program Coordinator or Advisor no later than:
FALL Teaching Application
A full semester in advance of fall (no later than the end of March)!
|SPRING Teaching Application||November 1||A full semester in advance of fall (no later than the end of October)!|
- Student Teachers
- Interns Only (Full time lead classroom teachers)
- Special Education (Full time teachers/para applying to use his/her own classroom)
- a. You will need approval of both your Program Coordinator and principal of your own school. See letter that must be completed and on file at Lehman College before you can register for courses:
- b. Intern Principal Permission Form (Fillable letter for ECCE and MHSE)
- a. You will be directed by your Program Coordinator/Advisor if the letter below needs to be on file before you can be approved for Student Teaching.
- b. Special Education Student Teaching Permission Request
- a. Required NYCDOE Fingerprinting Clearance.
- a. No, I have not been fingerprinted. You MUST get the fingerprinting clearance process started as soon as possible. There has been a delay during the pandemic, so get going today. If you have any questions, write to email@example.com for virtual office hours Zoom link.
- b. Yes, I've already been fingerprinted, I will complete the Lehman College Fingerprinting page in Lehman 360 to confirm my fingerprints and clearance are officially in the system. I do not teach full-time.
- c. I will VISIT YOUR OPEN OFFICE HOURS because I have questions. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for virtual office hours Zoom link.
- b. VACCINATION MANDATE: To enter any PK-12 school building, all student teachers will be required to show proof of vaccination in the NYCDOE health portal system before starting your clinical practice experience. No exemptions for student teachers.
- c. Student Teacher Own School: In rare circumstances, Program Coordinators approve a candidate who works in a classroom that matches your NYSED Teacher Certification grade/content area, to complete student teaching in her/his own school. Faculty pre-approval is required, and a principal approval letter must be on file at Lehman College.
- d. Student Teacher Principal Permission Form (Fillable letter for ECCE and MHSE)
Application Documents (as required)
- Student Teacher Principal Permission Form (Fillable letter for ECCE and MHSE)
- Intern Principal Permission Form (Fillable letter for ECCE and MHSE)
- Special Education Student Teaching Permission Request
- Undergraduate Advising– All MHSE education programs/content areas
- Graduate Advising
- Early Childhood & Childhood
- Middle and High School Advising
- Special Education (Early Childhood, Childhood, Adolescent): Sheila Blachman and Danielle Magaldi
- Art Education, MA: Sean McCarthy, FA 014, 718-960-6796
- Health Teacher: Lisa Fusco, GI 336, 718-960-8085
Please check your own L360 account regularly to then Approve candidates officially. Official Approvals are required.
When you meet with candidates, remember to advise them that the following is required to complete the L360 Teaching Application.
1. CUNYfirst ACCURACY re: Academic/Sub Plan and Eligibility
- a. CORRECT Academic Plan/Sub plan: If candidate is not listed in CUNYfirst accurately, s/he will not be able to complete the L360 Teaching Application.
Complete the necessary forms (i.e. Change in Graduate Curriculum form).
- Change of program inquiries should be directed to the Office of the Registrar, but now the Records and Transcripts is the unit that processes the forms. Email them at email@example.com.
- b. ELIGIBLE for next semester: Candidates are being given access to the Teaching Application before Lehman College officially “rolls over” student eligibility to register. We have had some candidates who needed to “re-apply.” Please be aware of this as you approve candidates for the Teaching Application.
- c. If CUNYfirst information is not accurate, candidate can still submit the L360 Teaching Application, but must also follow directions in the Registrar’s User Guide. To change a permanent address, students complete this Address/Personal Data Change Request Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. NYCDOE Fingerprinting Clearance (for student teachers)
3. VACCINATION MANDATE: To enter any PK-12 school building, all student teachers will be required to show proof of vaccination in the NYCDOE health portal system before starting your clinical practice experience.
4. Access to Lehman 360