The college supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision of his/her Lehman College Intern working in the field. As the official representative of Lehman College, the College Supervisor acts as a liaison between the College and the participants in the host school or agency and the Intern. The College Supervisor, who serves as a resource for these individuals, looks for observable growth in the Intern's confidence, instructional competence, and understanding of teaching and learning. In working with the Intern, the College Supervisor plays a role of a mentor, a coach, and a liaison.
|Taskstream Student Teaching / Intern Assignments, Information & Guides|
Taskstream Support: CALL: 1-800-311-5656 or EMAIL: email@example.com
|STUDENT TEACHERS||INTERNS / TEACHING FELLOWS|
Student Teacher Handbook, Information & Forms (link to Student Teacher page)
Intern Handbook, Information & Forms (link to Intern page)
- Visits each Student Teacher/Intern at the host school upto four times (two times to observe and two times to evaluate) to ensure that the Student Teacher/Intern will be able to meet all the stated outcomes by the end of the semester.
- Observes at least one full lesson two times during the semester, once at the beginning of each placement and
- Evaluates at least one full lesson two times during the semester (mid-term and final evaluations).
- Completes and returns to the Student Teacher/Intern a Student Teacher/Intern Evaluation form (in Taskstream) after discussing this assessment with the Student Teacher/Intern at the end of each mid-term and final lesson visit.
- Provides immediate discussions after the observation of the Student Teacher/Intern’s use of techniques and strategies for conducting instructional activities, teaching, and working with parents and families.
- Schedules a three-way conference (involving the student teacher/teacher candidate, cooperating teachers, and college supervisor) by the end of the first placement to evaluate the Student Teacher/Intern’s progress in meeting the outcomes for student teaching.
- Reads and provides comments on the Student Teacher/Intern's reflective journal entries at least once a month.
- For Student Teachers: The College Supervisor determines and assigns the student teache's grade. The College Supervisor used the Cooperating Teacher Feedback Forms (CTFF) to help determine if the Student Teacher has met the required outcomes. If not, the College Supervisor will prescribe what additional work must be done to meet the standards.
- For Interns: The College Supervisor determines and assigns the Intern's grade and will determine if the Intern has met the required outcomes, and if not, the College Supervisor will prescribe what additional work must be done to meet the standards.