Vision & Mission
Teach and Learn with Technology =
Inspire. Inquire. Integrate. Innovate. Influence.
Lehman College School of Education educators* effectively and seamlessly weave technology into a strong foundation of content, cognitive, social emotional processes, and pedagogical knowledge using professional expertise of 21st century tools and skills. Supporting the four LUTE themes:
Educators inspire, inquire, integrate, innovate and influence teaching and learning with technology by:
- Collaborating, evaluating and demonstrating best practices;
- Integrating existing and new technologies and multimedia communication to develop engaging learning experiences, content, authentic assessment, and research;
- Using technology to differentiate curriculum and instruction for diverse learners;
- Empowering leader, teacher and school counselor skills to ensure PreK – 12 student achievement and success;
- Understanding and using the power and potential of technology, digital media, and/or social networking in advocacy and social justice work.
* faculty, adjuncts, staff, students/candidates, school partners
The vision and mission statements are aligned with the Lehman Urban Transtormative Education (LUTE) framework and International Society of Technology Education (ISTE) standards.