Faculty & Staff
- Sheila Blachman
- Stuart Chen-Hayes
- Samantha Chung
- Janet DeSimone
- Harriet (Niki) Fayne
- Enrique Figueroa
- Carmen Garcia
- Julia Hood
- Joseph Huot
- Dov Kugelmass
- Lingyu Li
- Anna Locke
- Danielle Magaldi
- Rene Parmar, Dean
- Limor Pinhasi-Vittorio, Chair
- Gaoyin Qian
- Laura Roberts
- Mary Sanford
- Meagan Serrano
- Jennifer Van Allen
- Professor Emerita
- Adjunct Faculty by Program
Sheila Blachman, Doctoral Lecturer, Special Education; Coordinator: Childhood Special Education, Childhood Certificates, and Bilingual Special Education
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 347-577-4081 (x4081), Google Voice: 860-740-2939, Carman Hall B19
- EDS 720 Student Teaching Seminar
Stuart Chen-Hayes, Professor, and Program Coordinator, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Counselor Education: School Counseling and Bilingual Certificate
Contact: stuartC@lehman.cuny.edu, 718-960-7304, Carman Hall B20
B.A., M.S.Ed., Indiana Univ.; Ph.D., Kent State Univ.
Wednesday 5 PM- 6 PM (Fall semester) via Zoom (email email@example.com for link)
Chen-Hayes, L. T., & Chen-Hayes, S. F. (2021). 兩個爸爸 (Baba and daddy). Yuanliou (遠流). https://www.books.com.tw/products/0010892557
Chen-Hayes, S. F. (2019). Double dads one teen: A queer family's trailblazing life in the USA and Taiwan. DIO Press. https://www.diopress.com/product-page/double-dads-one-teen
Chen-Hayes, S. F., Ockerman, M. S., & Mason, E. C. M. (2014). 101 solutions for school counselors and leaders in challenging times. Corwin Press. http://www.corwin.com/books/Book240523#tabview=reviews
- EDG 700 Professional Identity in School Counseling
- EDG 707 Practicum in Counseling
- EDG 708 Leadership and Advocacy in Schools and Communities
- EDG 709 School/Community Leadership, Advocacy, Collaboration, and Consultation (SPR 22);
- EDG 731 Sexuality Counseling in Schools and Families (SUM 22)
- EDG 755 Seminar 1: Anti-Racist, Anti-Oppression Leadership and Advocacy in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Samantha Chung, Doctoral Lecturer, Coordinator, Educational Leadership
B.A., M.S.Ed. at Hunter College; Ed.D., Columbia University
Janet DeSimone, Associate Professor, Leadership Studies, and Coordinator, Organizational Leadership
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 718-960-4993, Google Voice: 516-400-6255, Carman Hall B48
B.A., Marist Coll.; M.A., SUNY-New Paltz; P.D., Ed.D., St. John's Univ.
Leadership dispositions; collaboration; attitudes/perceptions of inclusive education
- EDL 802: Ethical Leadership
- EDL 707: Creating Effective and Supportive Learning Environments for ALL Students
- EDL 709: Case Studies in School Building Leadership
Harriet (Niki) Fayne, Professor, Leadership Studies
Contact: email@example.com ,718-960-7240, Carman Hall B33
B.A., Barnard College, MAT, Harvard University, Ph.D., Columbia University
Scholarship Highlights (January, 2020- December, 2021):
Collett, J., Dubetz, N., Fayne, H., Marshall, A., & Rothstein, A. (2020). Signature Practices in an Urban Residency Program: How are These Practices Evident in the Graduates’ Classrooms? In J. Carinci, S. Meyer, and C. Jackson, Eds., Linking Teacher Preparation Program Design and Implementation to Outcomes for Teachers and Students. Information Age Publishing.
Fayne, H.R., Bijesse, T., Allison, P., & Rothstein, A. (2021). Multimodal Literacy and Creative Computing Badges in a Teacher Quality Partnership Residency Program: Putting P-12 Students in the Center Right from the Start. In Yi Huang, Ed., Credential Innovations for Inclusive Pathways to Professions. IGI Global Publishing.
“Stronger Together: Growing Our Community of Practice- Lehman Session” (with Janet DeSimone, Rosa Rivera-McCutchen, Gaoyin Qian, and Anne Fennelly). EdPrepLab Spring Convening 2021, Online, June 2021. (Invited)
“Teacher Educators as OER Storytellers'' (with Naliza Sadik, Wendy Barrales, Anthony Wheeler, and Zulyvette Muniz). 2021 Open Education Conference, Online, October 2021. (Peer-Reviewed)
Project Administrator, CUNY Teacher Education OER Hub, funded by CUNY Office of Library Services, $15,000 (2020-2021)
Design and Evaluation Team Member, SCALE Deeper Learning Project, funded by Hewlett Foundation, Lehman College Subcontract $15,000 (2019-2021)
Principal Investigator: LUTE-STEM Teacher Quality Partnership Project, funded by U.S. Department of Education, $5.4 M (2019-2024)
- EDS 709 Curriculum and Instructional Practices for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Childhood Students (Fall)
- EDS 710 Practicum in Curriculum and Instructional Practices for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Childhood Students (Fall)
- EDL 805 Program Development and Evaluation (Spring)
Carman Hall B20
Mondays and Thursdays, 9:00am - 5:00pm (On-Campus)
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9:00am - 5:00pm (Remote)
Best contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: email@example.com, 347-577-8537, Phone: 845-598-7666, Carman Hall B19
B.S., Nyack College; M.S., The College of New Rochelle.; Ph.D., Capella University
Becker, G.F., Hallcom, A. Herrera, D., Hood, J. (2021). Evaluating a homeostatic relationship as a positive influence on syzygy within the organizational universe model. Journal of Advancements in Applied Business Research, X(1), 22-28.
Becker, G.F., Hallcom, A. Herrera, D., Hood, J. (2021). Evaluating a homeostatic relationship as a positive influence on syzygy within the organizational universe model. International Multidisciplinary Academic Conference, Orlando, FL, May 2021.
- EDL 801 Holistic Leadership
- EDL 803 Communication & Teamwork
- EDL 808 Leadership Seminar 1
- EDL 809 Leadership Seminar 2
- EDL 810 Leadership Seminar 3
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Carman Hall B01A
M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison; Ph.D.,University of Wisconsin-Madison
Anna Locke, Doctoral Lecturer and Acting Program Coordinator, Counselor Education: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Ph.D. Montclair University, M.S. and B.A. Northwestern University
Locke, A. F. (2021). A counterstory of resistance: The professional identity development of Latinx doctoral students in counseling programs. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 00, 1– 12. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmcd.12229
Locke, A. F. (2021). Body betrayal: Living and understanding infertility.
Locke, A. F. (2021). Surviving the rollercoaster: The professional identity development of Latinx doctoral students in counseling. The Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, 14(2). https://digitalcommons.sacredheart.edu/jcps/vol14/iss2/9/.
Butler, K., Flores Locke, A. & Filmore, J. (2021). Introduction to 21st Century counseling: A multicultural and social justice perspective. Cognella.
- EDG 701 Counseling Theories and Techniques
- EDG 702 Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling
- EDG 703 Human Development in Counseling
- EDG 750 Foundations of Mental Health Counseling
Danielle Magaldi, Associate Professor, Special Education and Coordinator, Early Childhood Special Education, Adolescent Special Education, and Certificates
Contact: email@example.com, 347-577-4042, Google Voice: 845-580-4098, Carman Hall B01F
B.S., Quinnipiac Univ.; M.S., Fordham Univ.; Ph.D., Fordham Univ.
Fall 2022 Office Hours:
Carman Hall B33
Best contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Limor Pinhasi-Vittorio, Chair, Associate Professor and Coordinator, Literacy Studies and Advanced Certificates
Contact: email@example.com, 718-960-7205, Carman Hall B17A
B.Ed., Hakibbutzim State Teacher's Coll., Israel; M.A., New York Univ.; Ph.D, Hofstra Univ.
Pinhasi-Vittorio, L. & Ben Zion, Y. (Eds.) (2020). Leading through a Different Lens: Using Literacy and Photography to Examine Our Personal and Communal Narratives.
Apple Books. ISBN 9781715112189
Pinhasi-Vittorio, L. (2018). Writing, sharing, and healing: the interplay of literacy in the healing journey of the recovering from substance abuse. Journal of Poetry Therapy. DOI: 10.1080/08893675.2018.1504668 https://doi.org/10.1080/08893675.2018.1504668
Write your life: The interplay of literacy as a tool to overcome trauma and post trauma by writing and sharing our stories. Keynote speaker, Zoetis Women's Council Compassion Fatigue Conference. December 10th, 2020. Online.
Writing for our lives: A multi-dimensional approach for working our way through trauma by writing and sharing our stories. Keynote speaker, 7th International Conference on HIV/AIDS, STDs and STIs. March 18-19, 2019. New York, NY, USA
- EDR 752 Teaching Comprehensive Strategies for Literacy thru Children's Literature for Diverse Learners in Early Childhood & Childhood Education
- EDR 753 Teaching Comprehensive Strategies for Literacy thru Young Adult Literature for Diverse Learners in Middle Childhood & Adolescent Education
- EDR 767 Project Seminar: Research on Literacy I and II
Gaoyin Qian, Professor, Literacy Studies
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org,718-960-8307, Carman Hall B01G
B.A., East China Norman Univ.; M.A., Shanghai International Studies Univ.; M.S.Ed., Southwest Missouri Univ.; Ph.D., Univ. of Georgia
Office Hours: On Fellowship Leave for Fall 2023
Qian, G. (2020-2022). Lehman Problem of Practice Innovation Pilot Grant in a consortium of Lehman, Brooklyn, and Touro Colleges. Grant funded by US PREP, Texas Tech University, ($50,000).
- EDG 708 Counseling Research, Program Development, and Evaluation (FA 21)
- EDR 713 Instructional Approaches to Language & Literacy Development for Diverse Learners in Middle Childhood & Adolescent Education (FA 21)
Contact: email@example.com,718-960-8119, Carman Hall B48
B.S., Indiana Univ. of Pennsylvania; M.S.Ed., Baruch College; M.S., Mercy College; Ph.D., University of Connecticut
- EDG 703 Human Development in Counseling;
- EDG 743 Internship in School Counseling I;
- EDG 744 Internship in School Counseling II
Mary K. Sanford, Substitute Doctoral Lecturer, Special Education, and Coordinator, Lehman College Special Education Teaching Fellows
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 718-960-8173, Carman Hall B20
B.A. Mercy College; M.S. Ed College of New Rochelle; M.S., P.D. Ed.D. Fordham University
Coordinator of Special Education New York City Department of Education
New York State Education Department - Content Advisory Committee for NYSTCE Students with Disabilities, Educating All Students
- EDS 715 Research in Education
- EDS 741 Psycho-educational Evaluation of Children with Learning Problems
- EDS 712 The Adolescent with Disabilities
- EDS 743 Behavioral Assessment, Management, and Change
Meagan Serrano, Lecturer, Special Education and Coordinator, Childhood Special Education, Adolescent Special Education, and Certificates.
Contact: email@example.com, Carman Hall B01A
B.S., Binghamton University; M.S. Hunter College; Ph. D. Expected 2024, CUNY Graduate Center
Tanupreet Suri, Doctoral Lecturer, Counselor Education: School Counseling
B.A., M.S., Ph.D., University of New Mexico
- EDG 702 Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling
- EDG 708 Research and Program Evaluation
- EDG 706 Assessment in Counseling
- EDG 743 Internship in School Counseling 1
- EDG 744 Internship in School Counseling 2
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 718-960-7883, Carman Hall B17C
B.S, M.Ed., Ed.D., University of Central Florida
Van Allen, J., & Katz, S. (2020). Teaching with OER during pandemics and beyond. Journal for Multicultural Education, 14(3/4), 209-218. https://doi.org/10.1108/JME-04-2020-0027
Van Allen, J., & Zygouris-Coe, V. (2020). Preparing teachers to integrate digital tools that support students’ online research and comprehension skills. In Keengwe, S. & Onchwari, G. (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Literacy and Digital Technology Integration in Teacher Education. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- EDR 731 Practicum in Fostering Language and Literacy Development in Early Childhood and Childhood Education (SU ‘21)
- EDR 733 Practicum in Fostering Language and Literacy Development in Middle Childhood and Adolescent Education (SU ‘21)
- EDR 702 Language and Literacy Acquisition and Development of Children (FA ‘21)
- EDR 703 Literacy Acquisition and Development of Pre-Adolescents and Adolescents (FA ‘21)
- EDR 529 Language, Literacy, and Educational Technology (FA ‘21)
- EDR 605 Professional Writing for Educators (FA ‘21)
Contact: email@example.com, 718-960-8183, Carman Hall B01E
B.A., Univ. of Pittsburgh; M.Ed., Lesley Coll.; Ed.D., Northern Illinois Univ.
Scholarship and Service Highlights:
Fellowship Incentive Research (2020). Trust among partners in the special education process: Parents’ connectedness/trust with schools in relation to the special education status of their children. Data collection, analysis and report.
Program Development: Dual Certification Program with Middle and High School Education Department (Social Studies).
- EDS 701 Understanding Individuals with Disabilities
- EDS 715 Research in Special Education
- EDS 718 Culminating Masters Project
Adjunct Faculty by Program:
Jennifer Annunziata, M.S.Ed., ‘10, Lehman CE:SC, LMHC
Paula Arbelaez ,M.S.Ed., Ph.D. cand., LMHC
Luis Barcelo, M.S.Ed, ‘04, Lehman CE:SC
Jennifer Carchietta, M.S.Ed., '08 Lehman CE:SC
Kalya Castillo, M.S.Ed. ’11 CE:SC, Ph.D.
Johanna Cuello-Gutierrez, M.S., M.S.Ed. CE:SC ’22, LMHC
James Martinez, M.S.Ed. ’04 CE:SC, M.S.
Marisol Palau, M.S.Ed.
Suzette Ramsundar, M.S.Ed., CE:SC ’10, MSOL, ’18, MS, doctoral student
Emma Wixted, M.S.Ed., ‘14 Lehman CE:SC
Theresa Wyre, M.S.Ed. ’02 CE:SC, M.S.
Valerie Brown, M.S.O.L., ‘19 Lehman
Francis Cruz, M.S.Ed.
Amanda DuBois-Mwake, M.S.
Gerald Garfin, Ph.D.
Terry Houlihan, M.S.Ed., ‘10 Lehman CE:SC
Grace Hinds, Ph.D.
Eileen Newman, M.S.Ed.
Amanda Perez, M.S.Ed.
Anne Russo-Fennelly, M.S.Ed.
Jean Schutt McTavish, M.S.Ed.
Suzette Ramsundar, M.S.Ed., ‘10 Lehman CE:SC, Lehman M.S.O.L. ‘19
Diana Behan, M.S.Ed., ‘88 Lehman Literacy Studies
Jason Adolphus, M.S.Ed.
Anastasios Argyros, M.S.Ed.
Lisa Cavallero, M.S.Ed.
Nicole Fernandes, M.S.Ed.
Adi Flesher, M.S.Ed.
Jamel Holmes, M.S.Ed.
Joseph Huot, M.S.Ed
Kim Kawecki, M.S.Ed
Lateasha Mays, M.S.
Elizabeth Mazzullo, M.S.Ed.
Faith Muturia, Ph.D.
Jeannine Newell, M.S.Ed.
Elliot Resnick, Ph.D.
Carol Rubel, Ph.D.
Julianne Vaupen, M.S.Ed.
Marlena Vedovino, M.S.Ed.
Gloria Wolpert, M.S.Ed.