Alumni / Alumnae
Exciting news! Lehman English has just launched a closed Lehman English Alumni/ae Facebook page for former English Majors, Minors, and graduate students to revisit their beloved home department, share personal and professional news with one another, be in the loop of English Department events and programming, and serve as speakers, panelists, and mentors for current B.A. and M.A. students. We'd love to bring alumns in to talk to and possibly even work with our current students - and we're thrilled to hear of where alumni/ae have gone from here!
Separate from the Facebook page, the English Department warmly welcomes Alumni/Alumnae Information for three main reasons: (1) to update department records; (2) to advertise the amazing achievements of Lehman English graduates; and (3) to develop an alumni/ae database that current BA and MA students can use for information as they begin their own careers.
To showcase your achievements and provide a valuable shoulder for the next generation to stand on, please email the English Chair with the some or all of the following information:
- Lehman information: full name, degree earned, year of graduation, EMPLID (if available)
- Contact information: email, cell, social media
- Work / Education since graduating from Lehman
- General value of an English BA or MA in the professional world
- Particular value of Lehman English
- Permission: "I give/decline the Lehman College English Department the right to use my text/images in an alumni/ae database for current students and graduates"
- Permission: "I give/decline the Lehman College English Department the right to use my text/images for promotional purposes."
Please include English Alum in your subject-line.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the sho[u]lders of Giants."
- Isaac Newton, 15 February 1676 letter to Robert Hooke