- Create a CUNY username and password via the CUNY portal
- Before you apply to CUNY as an undergraduate, be sure to attain your application fee waiver (note: veterans are exempt from paying the commitment deposit. The college(s) will provide you with deposit information upon acceptance to the college(s).
Request Your Veterans Fee Waiver
All veteran and future veteran applicants are exempt from paying the Application Processing Fee. To request your Veteran Fee Wavier:
- After you submit your Admission Application, select the “PAY LATER” option on the payment screen.
- Print your Application Summary Package.
- Send “Veterans Fee Waiver Request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full Name (as listed on your Application Summary Package)
- Date of birth
- Application Control Number (ten-digit number beginning with a W)
- Indicate whether you are a Freshman or Transfer applicant
- Indicate the semester for which you have applied (ie. Fall 2011)
- Attach proof of your Veteran/Military status (ie. DD-214, Current Military ID Card, or Deployment or Pre-separation orders)
- Apply to CUNY before the semester deadline (For Fall: February 1, For Spring: September 15)
Apply as a Freshman Applicant
If you have already completed high school/secondary school and have not previously attended a college, university, or any postsecondary institution within or outside the United States.
Apply as a Transfer Applicant
If you are currently attending or have ever attended a college, university, or any postsecondary institution since completing high school/secondary school. This applies whether or not you are seeking transfer credit and/or changing a program of study.
- Forward transcripts from all of your previous colleges or secondary/post-secondary institutions attended as well as your military transcripts to UAPC as directed on your application receipt form
- Apply for the G.I. Bill via VONAPP
- File FAFSA before deadline
- Apply for NYS TAP
- Apply for NYS Veterans Tuition Award (VTA)
Lehman’s Coordinator of Veterans and Military Affairs can assist you with applying for the VTA.
- Apply for NY National Guard Tuition Assistance before deadline (if eligible)
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE - DD-2384 – issued by your unit) to Lehman’s Coordinator of Veterans and Military Affairs
- Provide a copy of DD 214 (issued by your unit) to Lehman’s Coordinator of Veterans and Military Affairs
- Submit Immunization Records to the Student Health Center.
Last modified: May 3, 2012