Entrance, Continuation, and Exit Conditions for the Education Minor
To enter the program, students must:
- Pass all CUNY skills tests.
- Pass English 120 and Speech 100 with a grade of B or better.
- Declare a major in the area of certification.
To continue in the program, students must:
- Complete ESC 301 and ESC 302 with a combined index of 3.0 or better.
- Complete ESC 429 and ESC 409. To register for either course, an index of 3.0 or better in ESC courses and an overall index of 2.7 or better are required.
To exit the program and receive Lehman College's recommendation for New York State Teacher Certification, students must:
- Complete all course requirements as outlined above.
- Complete student teaching with a grade of B or better in each course.
- Complete the major in the area of certification with an index of 2.7 or better.
- Complete all degree requirements with an index of 2.7 or better.
- Complete one year of college-level study of a language other than English.
- Complete two State-mandated workshops on (a) Child Abuse Identification and Reporting and (b) School Violence Intervention and Prevention.
- Complete all required NYS arts and science requirements.
- Individuals seeking certification in foreign languages must submit scores from the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI).
Last modified: 11/20/2014