Are transfer students eligible for SEEK?
Transfer students who were enrolled in SEEK, HEOP, or EOP programs in their previous college(s) are eligible for participation in the SEEK Program at Lehman College. Students who were enrolled in the College Discovery (CD) Program and completed their associate degree are also eligible to be part of SEEK.
How do I apply as a transfer student for the SEEK Program?
If you are interested in being in the SEEK Program as a transfer student, be sure to check the SEEK/CD box in the appropriate section of the transfer application.
Transfer students who are eligible for the SEEK Program must provide proof of their SEEK/CD, HEOP, or EOP status from prior institutions that includes the number of semesters completed in these opportunity programs.
What SEEK services are available to transfer students?
Transfer students are entitled to all the services that are currently available to Lehman students:
- Transfer credit evaluation by the Lehman College Office of Admissions.
- Curriculum evaluation by the Lehman College Office of Academic Advising, Standards, and Evaluation.
In addition, transfer students may receive the following support:
- College orientation and academic/counseling support from the SEEK Program.
- Tutoring and Workshops offered by the SEEK Learning Center.
I received an acceptance letter, now what?
- Visit the Transfer Evaluation office to inquire about credits that were accepted (Shuster #161);
- Meet with Academic Advisement for review of course evaluation, number of credits transferred, Lehman requirements and curriculum, course credit received (Shuster #280);
- Visit the SEEK Office and submit Special Programs Transfer form (Shuster #257)
- Schedule an appointment with a SEEK Counselor to discuss major/minor interest (Shuster #257);
- Meet with a Financial Aid Officer to confirm SEEK status and fiancial aid eligibility (Shuster #136);
- Obtain declaration of Major form (Shuster #106) (file if 60 credits obtained)
- Meet with Major Advisors of the prospective major, to obtain advisement, course permission and signatures;
- Register for courses (On-line Only);
- Obtain Lehman ID card—OG 022; Public Safety (Apex #109);
- Make sure you have access and use your Lehman email
The SEEK Program will assist you through these steps until you finally register.
You are expected to see a SEEK counselor at least three times during the semester to make sure that you are on course for graduation.
Last modified: Feb 6, 2015