The Percy Ellis Sutton SEEK Program

Transfer Students

Are transfer students eligible for SEEK?

Transfer students who were enrolled in SEEK, HEOP, or EOP programs in their previous college are eligible for participation in the SEEK Program at Lehman. Students who were enrolled in the College Discovery (CD) Program and completed their associate degree are also eligible to participate in the Program.

How do I apply as a transfer student for the SEEK Program?

If you are interested in applying to the SEEK Program as a transfer student, you should complete the CUNY transfer student application for admission. Be sure to check the SEEK/CD box in the appropriate section of the application.
Transfer students who are eligible for the SEEK Program must provide proof of their SEEK/CD, HEOP, or EOP status from prior institutions. Alternatively, SEEK counselors can provide transfer students with forms verifying the number of semesters previously completed in a SEEK/CD, HEOP, or EOP program. Once completed by the student’s previous institution these forms may be used as proof of educational opportunity program status.

What SEEK services are available to transfer students?

Transfer students are entitled to all the services that are currently available to SEEK students. In addition, transfer students may receive the following support:

  • Transfer credit evaluation by the Lehman College Office of Admissions.
  • Curriculum evaluation by the Lehman College Office of Academic Advising, Standards, and Evaluation.
  • College orientation and academic/counseling support from the SEEK Program.
  • Tutoring and Workshops offered by the SEEK Learning Center.

I received an acceptance letter, now what?

  • Visit the Transfer Evaluation office to inquire about credits that were accepted (Sh-161);
  • Meet with Academic Advisement for review of course evaluation, number of credits transferred, Lehman requirements and curriculum, course credit received (Sh-280);
  • Visit the SEEK Office and submit Special Programs Transfer form (Sh-257)
  • Schedule an appointment with a SEEK Counselor to discuss major/minor interest (Sh-257);
  • Meet with a Financial Aid Officer to confirm SEEK status and fiancial aid eligibility (Sh-136);
  • Obtain declaration of Major / Minor form (SH 106) (file if 60 credits obtained)
  • Meet with Major/Minor Advisors of the prospective major, to obtain advisement, course permission and signatures;
  • Register for courses (On-line Only);
  • Obtain Lehman ID card—OG 022; Public Safety -APEX (A-109);
  • Make sure you have access to your Lehman email

Last modified: Dec 5, 2013

  • Events Calendar
  • Welcome to Lehman College
  • CUNY Portal
  • Undergraduate Bulletin
  • Financial Aid
  • Apply Now
  • TRiO Pathways to Success