Martin L. Zwiren, Director, The APEX and Intercollegiate Athletics
Designed by award-winning architect Rafael Viñoly, The APEX is a multipurpose athletics center, providing fitness opportunities and classes to students, as well as to the larger community. It is the largest indoor public sports facility in the Bronx and an important new landmark in New York City. The complex was built for intercollegiate competition, physical education classes, and health science research.
Hours of Operation:
During the academic year, The APEX is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.-10 p.m. On Saturday the building is in operation from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and on Sunday from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. The pool is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
The summer schedule begins June 1 and runs through August 31, from 8 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.; and Sunday from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
The APEX Center's Facilities include the following:
- 50-meter, eight-lane indoor swimming pool (one of two in New York City to meet current Olympic swimming and water polo standards)
- athletics arena for men's and women's basketball and volleyball, with seating for 1,000
- auxiliary recreation gym with 110-meter jogging track
- four championship glass-walled racquetball courts
- ballet studio for instruction and performance
- aerobics studio
- fitness center with the latest exercise equipment, staffed by an exercise physiologist
- free weight room
- four classrooms
- fully equipped athletic training room
- locker rooms for men, women, faculty, staff, alumni, and students
- two Finnish sauna rooms located in each locker room
In addition to the Collge's membership in the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division III (NCAA), Lehman is a member of the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC), The City University of New York Athletic Conference, and the following local athletic conferences: Metropolitan Collegiate Swimming Conference, Collegiate Track Conference, and Metropolitan Athletic Track.
Intercollegiate Sports Programs
Men's Programs Women's Programs:
- Cross Country
- Indoor Track & Field
- Outdoor Track & Field
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011