- When should you file?
You should file by the deadlines posted. See your academic and major advisors to review requirements.
- What should you do if you receive a letter from this office?
Follow the instructions and follow-up to make certain the problem has been corrected. Bring the letter with you so you can speak to the auditor who sent the letter or call the number on the letter.
- How soon can I get proof of graduation?
You cannot get a finalized transcript until the day after graduation. We do keep a priority list. Most records are finalized in one month.
- How do I find out about the graduation ceremony?
In April, the Vice President of Student Affairs sends out a mailer with information regarding the graduation ceremony. The website also explains the day's events and procedures. There are no tickets and January, June and September graduates are invited to participate.
- Do I have to attend the ceremony?
Although the ceremony is not required filing for graduation is mandatory. You worked hard so come celebrate with your friends, family, and professors.
- How do I View My Grades?
Check View My Grades.
- Can I have a copy of my transcript from other schools?
We do not issue copies of official transcripts from other institutions.
- How do I change my address?
Click on View/Add Addresses. You may also change your address in Shuster Hall, Rm. 106.
- How do I change/correct my name?
Name changes must be done in person. Go to Shuster Hall, Rm. 106.
- What is the difference between dropping and withdrawing from a course?
Dropping is only done during the refund period and courses are deleted from your record. Withdrawals, on the other hand, involve no refund and a “W” grade will remain on your record. However, it does not affect your “GPA”.
- How do I add or drop a course?
To add a course, click on "Enroll Classes." To drop a course, click on "Drop Classes."
- How do I withdraw from a course?
You must come to Shuster Hall, Rm. 114 with a picture I.D. by the posted deadline.
- Do I have to inform the instructor when dropping or withdrawing from a course?
No, the instructor will know when he/she gets the grade sheet.
- How do I get a grade changed?
Students dissatisfied with the grade awarded in a course must first contact the instructor of that course. It is the instructor's sole judgment that determines the grade recorded with the Office of the Registrar. Consult a current copy of the Lehman College Bulletin for details and limitations on the grade appeal process.
- How can I get my TAP if I have accumulated 60 credits and declared a major past the deadline?
Once a student fails to declare a major on or before a deadline, he/she loses TAP for that particular semester. There are no exceptions.
- How do I receive an Enrollment Verification Letter?
Students may visit Shuster Hall, Rm. 114 for information.
Last modified: Apr 19, 2013