Welcome to Leonard Lief Library 24/7 Chat
Chat with a librarian anytime!
Librarians from Lehman, CUNY or a library network will respond 24/7.
Use Ask-a-Librarian for:
- Advice about how to begin researching a topic
- Suggestions about databases, eBooks and other resources to use
- Help searching databases, the library catalog or the web
- Check whether the library has a copy of a book or journal
- Ask about library services and borrowing policies
- After sending your message, be sure to wait for a reply to remain in synch with the librarian
- Provide your email address to receive a transcript of your chat
- You may have to disable your computer's firewall to see the chat
- If this is your first visit to chat, you may be asked to accept a Meadco Security Certificate. You must accept this in order for chat to work for you.
Don't get disconnected! You will get disconnected if you do the following during your session:
- Use the Forward or Back buttons
- Bookmark or Favorites
- Use the Refresh or Reload buttons
- Open a second browser using Ctrl-N or File>New