ADC Data Entry Instructions
To submit events in the public entry form (located here http://events.lehman.edu/Calendar/oePublicForm.aspx) follow these steps:
- Access the entry form at the URL above. Alternatively, you may access the form by clicking on the “All College Events” link at the bottom of the events calendar on the Lehman homepage. Once here, click on “Submit a New Event,” located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Complete the form. Certain fields are required, and some are optional. Any field that is marked with an asterisk (*) is required and must be completed before you can finalize your submission.
- Event Submitted By. Any information entered in this area is for event-processing only and will not be displayed with the Calendar event details.
- *First Name: This field supports up to 50 characters.
- *Last Name: This field supports up to 50 characters.
- *E-mail: This field supports up to 100 characters. Be sure to check your email address carefully so that a Calendar administrator can contact you if a question arises with your submission.
- Event Information
- *Event Name: This field supports 100 maximum characters.
- *Event Categorization: You may select one, multiple, or all categories from the list box provided. Click the checkbox beside the category that you would like to add your event for classification on the calendar. If your event is open to the public, check the CUNY checkbox. Events listed on this calendar are used by media outlets, such as Time Out New York, and also forms the basis for a weekly calendar highlighting major events that is compiled by CUNY and circulated throughout the University.
- If you would like for your event to be considered for appearance on the Lehman College homepage, select the “Lehman Homepage” category.
- If you would like your event to be considered for inclusion in the general Campus Events calendar or in the off-campus digital signage, select “Campus Events” from the Categories menu. Note: Some categories are labeled as “locked.” This means that the event will be reviewed by the owner of this category.
- *Event Description: This field supports 1,000 maximum characters. In addition to a description, you must enter admission and contact information in this field. You can also enter a hypertext link using "http://", "https://" or "www." and the hypertext link will be automatically created for you once the event is approved and posted live to the calendar(s).
- Upload Image: You may browse and upload an image, but the image must be either a .GIF or a .JPG, and the maximum file size should not exceed 80K. The maximum pixel size of an uploaded image when displayed to the visitor on any screen is 280 x 280 pixels. The aspect ratio of any image that you upload will remain constant. All images used must be NON-copyrighted.
- Image Alt Text: This text field allows you to enter "image alt(ernative) text" if an image has been uploaded. The "alt" attribute is used to specify text that will be displayed in place of your image if for some reason the image cannot be viewed. The "image alt text" is required if any image has been uploaded. This field supports 75 maximum characters.
- Once you have completed the necessary information, click the "SUBMIT" button to finalize your entry and see a preview of your event details.
- Review your event preview. If you would like to make changes, click the "BACK" button at the bottom of the preview screen. If you are ready to finalize your submission, click the "SUBMIT" button.
- A confirmation screen will appear with the note that your event has been successfully submitted for consideration. You also will receive an email confirmation with the details you submitted. Please be sure to keep a copy of this confirmation e-mail since it will include a link to withdraw your event submission should that become necessary.
- The event will be reviewed by the appropriate calendar administrator(s), and you will be notified via e-mail once it is approved or denied.
- If you need to alter or withdraw a previously published event from the calendar, contact Yeara Milton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to Category Owners: Once you have approved an event for publishing, the event will appear on your live Web page calendar. If you have a question or would like to request a change, DO NOT enter the request in the body of the event description or in the Details description field. Whatever you write in this field will appear on your Web page calendar! Instead, send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com.