Graduate Bulletin 2013-2015 » Academic Programs and Courses » Counseling, Leadership, Literacy, and Special Education » Graduate Programs in Special Education » Admission Requirements to the 36-Credit M.S.Ed. Program in Early Childhood or Childhood Special Education
Admission Requirements to the 36-Credit M.S.Ed. Program in Early Childhood or Childhood Special Education
Admission requirements for applicants who already possess New York State certification:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum undergraduate grade average of 3.0.
- An Initial or Professional New York State Certificate in teaching at the Early Childhood or Childhood level.
- A Special Education concentration at the same developmental level as their earned Initial/Professional NYS Teaching Certificate.
- An essay outlining career goals.
- A graded scholarly paper from either an undergraduate course or a graduate course of study previously completed.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Evidence of having taken the New York State Liberal Arts and Sciences Test (LAST).
- Participation in an interview.
Last modified: 3/11/2014