Graduate Bulletin 2013-2015 » Academic Programs and Courses » Middle and High School Education » Advanced Certificate for Teachers of Languages Other than English (LOTE) (15-18 Credits) » Teachers of Languages Other Than English Advanced Certificate Admission Requirements
Teachers of Languages Other Than English Advanced Certificate Admission Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university that meets the State's requirements for a general education core in the liberal arts and sciences.
- Master's degree in a language other than English.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully pursue graduate study by having a master's Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better.
- Satisfy the content requirements for New York State Initial Certification in education in a language other than English, grades 712.
- Present scores for the Content Specialty Test (CST) and LAST.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation and a 500-word essay on career goals.
- Participate in an interview.
- Satisfy appropriate voice, speech, and health standards.
- Meet additional Departmental, divisional, and New York State requirements, if any.
- If conditionally admitted, make up requirements starting in the first semester and finishing in no more than three consecutive semesters.
- Submit scores for the ACTFL OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) prior to matriculation.
Last modified: 9/6/2013