Graduate Bulletin 2013-2015 » Academic Programs and Courses » Middle and High School Education » M.S.Ed. Program in Mathematics Education, Middle Childhood Education (5-9) or Adolescent Education (7-12). » Middle Childhood Education Admission Requirements
Middle Childhood Education Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university with an overall index of 2.7 or better.
- Mathematics course work of at least 18 credits that include Calculus I and II, with an overall index of 2.7 or better in all mathematics courses taken.
- For Sequence 2, must hold a valid Transitional B Certificate from NYSED.
- Submission of scores on the New York State Liberal Arts and Sciences Test (LAST) and the New York State Content Specialty Test (CST) in Mathematics.
- If conditionally admitted, make up requirements starting in the first semester and finishing in no more than three consecutive semesters.
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which is from a college or university instructor of mathematics.
- A 500 word essay on career goals.
- A personal interview.
Last modified: 11/20/2014