English Education Admission Requirements
- Possess a bachelor's degree in English or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Have earned a minimum cumulative index of 3.0 in the undergraduate record.
- Submit scores on the New York State Liberal Arts and Sciences Test (LAST)
- If conditionally admitted, make up undergraduate coursework starting in the first semester and finishing in no more than three consecutive semesters.
- Submit a 500-word essay outlining career goals.
- Submit two to three letters of recommendation.
- Participate in an individual interview.
- For Sequence 2 only, possess Transitional B certificate in Teaching English grades 7-12.
Last modified: 5/10/2013