CUNY BECAS Scholarship Program 2018
Meet our Becari@s!
Congratulations to the 55 selected recipients for 2018!
NEW CUNY BECAS Bridge to College
The Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute at CUNY is proud to offer scholarships for interested adults to study advance English Classes and High School Equivalency Courses to prepare for the TASC exam at Lehman College and Hunter College.
This program is part of the Mexican Studies Institute’s mission to promote access to higher education through academic achievement and increasing enrollment into college.
CUNY BECAS Bridge to College scholarship primarily aids students with little or no access to financial aid. The selection committee does not discriminate based on immigration status, race, gender, age, ethnicity, or national origin. All are welcome to apply.
Deadline to apply June 25, 2018 11:59PM
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Course: $299
- High School Equivalency (HSE) Prep Course: $219
This Scholarship Program criteria are the following:
- Scholarships granted to Mexican and Mexican-American students, and/or students with a demonstrated commitment to serving the Mexican/ immigrant community to enrolled in HSE or ESL Course offered Lehman College or Hunter College.
- Commitment to community service by participating in a 5-10-hour volunteer experience that will significantly contribute to the betterment of the immigrant/Mexican Immigrant Community.
- Short Paragraph explaining how learning English will help the applicant to better the Mexican and or Immigrant Community. (150-word Maximum).
Applicants will be notified on or before July 6, 2018 of the status of their application.
Completing this application does not guarantee acceptance of a scholarship. If selected for the scholarship you must commit to completing the educational program you selected.
CUNY BECAS Higher Education
The application period for the 2018 academic year is now closed. The 2019 application period will open in late November of 2018. In the meantime, please sign up for our newsletter to get updates on CUNY Becas, Institute events, and other educational opportunities. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest updates. We look forward to seeing you at Institute events.
CUNY BECAS is possible thanks to the generous donations and support from APEM, private donations, and The Institute for Mexicans Abroad.
The Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute at CUNY is proud to offer scholarships of up to $6530 to current and prospective CUNY undergraduate and graduate students. Past recipients may reapply for additional funding (use ͞Returning applicant͟ form). Scholarship winners are selected based on academic achievement, financial need, and commitment to service in the Mexican and/or immigrant community. CUNY BECAS scholarship primarily aids students with little or no access to financial aid. The selection committee does not discriminate based on immigration status, race, gender, age, ethnicity, or national origin. All are welcome to apply.
Meet our Becari@s!
Congratulations to the 2016 Graduates!
- Selene A. Brooklyn College
- Antonio A. Queens College
- Irving A. Hunter College
- Belinda B. LaGuardia Community College
- Luis C. New York City Tech
- Suleyma C. John Jay College
- Gloria F. Brooklyn College
- Arriana F. Brooklyn College
- Brenda H. John Jay College
- Jose College of Staten Island
- Marlon M. Lehman College
- Areli M. Brooklyn College
- Yhasmine M. Hunter College
- Janeth O. Lehman College
- Mariana O. City College
- Diana P. City College
- Julia R. John Jay College
- Roswell R. John Jay College
- Flor R. Lehman College
- Denise V. Lehman College