Prior to the Ceremony
File for Graduation
Students who expect to graduate at the end of a semester must file an application for graduation. Eligible students will be sent an email to their Lehman College (LC.CUNY.EDU) e-mail address with instructions on How to Apply and How to View Application Status.
The filing deadline for May 2020 graduates is Monday, March 16th.
The filing deadline for September 2020 graduates is Monday, April 20th.
For more information, go to Graduation Information page.
Order Caps and Gowns
Participants in the Commencement Ceremony must wear appropriate academic attire. Preorder your cap and gown for Commencement 2020.
- Type Lehman College and hit search. Click on Lehman College, click if you are graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s and click continue.
- On the next screen, choose from the drop down menu if you need a Bachelor’s or a Master’s set and click on continue.
- Please click on the Tab that says Cap and Gown. If you are looking to purchase announcements, thank you notes, diploma frames etc., these bundles are located in Graduation Packages. A discount is applied and the discounted pricing is only available on the Herff Jones website.
You only need to order the package priced at $63.00 for (Bachelor’s) $70.00 (Master’s) (Cap, Gown Tassel, and Hood).
Stoles of gratitude and Souvenir tassels sold at the bookstore are not required for Graduation.
You will need to pay for all items on-line directly from the Herff Jones website and pickup will be at the campus bookstore.
The last day to order your Graduation Regalia online is Saturday, March 28.
Please contact the Bookstore at 718-960-8144 if you need additional information about caps and gowns.
Complete the Graduating Student Survey
Please complete the survey that you will receive via your Lehman College e-mail address by clicking or tapping the link in the e-mail. Completion of the survey is required of all graduating students.
Please note: Please plan to arrive early, as parking spaces will fill up quickly, and off-site parking is a distance away.
Where and when to report
Graduates should report to the APEX no later than 8:15 a.m. for robing and instructions. Staff members will assist you. Do not bring coats, purses, or other personal belongings with you to the APEX. Leave them with your guests before you report to the APEX Building. There will be no attendant present in the APEX to guard your personal property during the ceremony.
We ask that graduates bring a maximum of five guests. There are no tickets for admission and no reserved seating, Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Depending on the weather, guests should bring umbrellas and hats to protect against rain or direct sun.
Guests wishing to view the ceremony from an indoor location may do so at these campus locations:
- Carman Hall Rooms B04, B08, and B34
- Gillete Hall Room GI-024
- Music Building Lovinger Theatre
Parking and Entry Points
A limited number of parking spaces will be available in the North Reservoir Parking Lot. Please consider taking public transportation to campus. The drop-off spot for Taxi, Uber, and Lyft service is Gate 7 in front of the APEX on 250 Bedford Park Boulevard West, Bronx NY.
Off campus parking is available for a fee at the nearby New York Botanical Garden Parking Garage, at 401 Bedford Park Boulevard. It is a 20-minute walk to Lehman, a 10-minute ride on the Bx26 bus, or a five-minute taxi ride.
In addition, the following independent parking garages are located in the area. Lehman College does not endorse, nor are we affiliated with any independent parking garage.
- DR Parking 2990 Jerome Ave Bronx, NY 10467
- J&S Parking Lot 2801 Jerome Ave Bronx, NY 10468
- Kingsbridge Parking 2686 Jerome Ave Bronx, NY 10468
- Zoom Parking Corp 3130 Grand Concourse Bronx, NY 10458
- 2 J’s Parking Lot 2776 Webster Avenue Bronx, NY 10458
- G & R Parking Services 1 Fordham Plaza Bronx, NY 10458
- J & A Parking 374 East 184th Street Bronx, NY 10458
- M.P. Tiebout Parking 2468 Tiebout Avenue Bronx, NY 10458
- Manhattan Parking Garage 260 East 188th Street Bronx, NY 10458
Guests may enter the campus any time after 8:15 a.m. through Gate 8 (Bedford Park Boulevard West), Gate 13 (Jerome Avenue), Gate 1 or Gate 2 (Goulden Avenue).
Lehman College is committed to making its programs and facilities accessible to students and their guests. If you have questions, need assistance, or an accommodation because of disability, please contact Ms. Merrill Parra, director of Student Disability Services at (718) 960-8441 by Monday May 4, 2020.
Reception following ceremony
A reception will be held for all graduates and guests on the campus quad following the ceremony.
Diplomas are not distributed at commencement. The Office of the Registrar will notify each graduate by campuse-mail (@ lc.cuny.edu), preferred e-mail, and telephone when diplomas have arrived on campus along with the days and hours of diploma distribution.
Commencement Exercises are held too soon after examinations for any June and September graduates to have their records completed. As soon as it has been determined that you have graduated, you will receive a conferral letter. Diplomas or statements cannot be provided to graduates who have failed to clear any stops on their records.
Consider joining the Lehman College Alumni Association. It’s a great way to stay connected with friends and to network with professionals in your field. Join here.