One of the major goals for the faculty and the Career Services Center staff at Lehman College is to educate students to develop the skills necessary to make informed decisions related to both academic and workplace settings. Please encourage your students to visit our office at the beginning of their college years, so that we may help to expand their views and create and solidify the relationships between their academic experiences and their career goals.
The Career Services Center offers several ways to collaborate with faculty to help focus on, and meet, the career needs of our students. Some of the services we provide for students include:
- Personalized career counseling
- Résumé and cover letter assistance
- Workshops on interviewing, job search strategies and networking
- Internships, community engagement and service-learning opportunities
- Opportunities to meet prospective employers and compete for positions with regional and national companies and organizations
- A computer lab with career-related software and Internet access
- Opportunities to meet with successful alumni
The Career Services Center is located in Shuster Hall, Room 254. Our telephone number is 718-960-8366.
Members of the Career Services Center staff welcome the opportunity to visit your class(es) and to discuss career-related topics with your students. If you would like our staff to visit your class for a session on a career-related topic, whether or not you plan to be in attendance, we would be pleased to arrange such opportunities with you. If you prefer, you may encourage your students to sign up for any of our workshops which are held in our conference room, Shuster Hall, Room 231.
The needs of every class and discipline vary, and workshops are not a “one size fits all” model. The Career Services Center can tailor career development workshops to meet the needs of your students. Let us know the topic on which you decide for the workshop and we will design a personalized session.
Last modified: Jan 8, 2015