Work With Us
- Are you passionate about your academic field?
- Do you enjoy working collaboratively, especially with your fellow students?
- Are you looking for a part-time job that makes a valuable contribution to academic excellence at Lehman College, while allowing you to set your own schedule?
- Want to acquire pre-professional work experience and training, and get paid for it?
If your answer to these questions is yes...consider working for the ISSP as a TUTOR!
You can prepare for your future career or for graduate/professional school by joining the ISSP as a tutor. As an ISSP tutor, you will join a diverse community of fellow student achievers who are engaged in supporting the academic performance of their fellow students. Tutors work either at the Academic Center for Excellence (Humanities, Social Sciences, and Writing), or at the Science Learning Center (Natural Sciences and Biostatistics).
In addition to working one-on-one or in small groups with their peers, tutors participate in paid trainings in which they have the opportunity to learn about and practice learning assistance theories and methods.
As a tutor, you will be able to set your own hours to work around your academic and extracurricular schedule.
- Applicants should have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and grades of "A" or “A-“ in the course(s) they will tutor.
- Applicants agree to abide by all College and ISSP Program Policies.
Click here for our application (PDF).