- Sloan, H., D. Sauter, M. Cannat, J. Goff, and P. Patriat, Characterization of Abyssal Hills at an Ultra-slow Spreading Ridge: Implications for Global Seafloor Morphology and Ridge Processes, submitted to Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, September, 2012.
- Sauter, D., H. Sloan, M. Cannat, J. Goff, P. Patriat, M. Schaming, and W. Roest, From slow to ultra-slow: How does spreading rate affect seafloor roughness and crustal thickness?, Geology, October 2011; v. 39; no. 10; p.911-914; doi:10.1130/G32028.1; 3 figures; Data Repository item 2011274.
- Sloan, H. and A. Kelly, The TRUST Partnership: Institutional Impacts at Lehman College, The New Educator, 6 (3), 2010.
- Leroy, S. F. Lucazeau, E. d’Acremont, L. Watremez, J. Autin, S. Rouzo , N. Bellahsen, C. Tiberi, C. Ebinger, M.-O. Beslier, J. Perrot, P. Razin, F. Rolandone, H. Sloan, G. Stuart, A. L. K. Al-Toubi, F. Bache, A. Bonneville, B. Goutorbe, P. Huchon, P. Unternehr , and K. Khanbari, Contrasted styles of rifting in the eastern Gulf of Aden: a combined wide-angle, MCS and Heat flow survey, Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, 11, Q07004, doi:10.1029/2009GC002963, 2010.
- Leroy, S., E. d'Acremon, C. Tiberi, T. Basuyau, J. Autin, C Lucazeau, and H. Sloan, Recent off-axis volcanism in the eastern Gulf of Aden: implications for plume-ridge interaction. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 293, 140-153, doi: 10.1016/j.epsl.2010.02.0362010, 2010.
- Patriat, Ph., H. Sloan, and D. Sauter, From slow to ultraslow: A previously undetected event at the Southwest Indian Ridge at ca. 24 Ma, Geology, 36, 3, 207–210 doi: 10.1130/G24270A.1; 4 figures; Data Repository item 2008054, 2008.
- Macdonald,, M., H. Sloan, E. Miele, W. Powell, R. Kinzler, J. Hong, D. Silvernail, and C. Simon Improving Urban Earth Science Education: The TRUST Model, Journal of Geoscience Education, 56 (3), 269-279, 2008.
- Sloan, Heather and Philippe Patriat, Reconstruction of the flanks of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, 28° to 29°N: Implications for evolution of young oceanic lithosphere at slow-spreading center, Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, 5, Q09006, doi: 10.1029/2005GC000727, pp. 24, 2005.
- Sloan, Heather and Philippe Patriat, Generation of morphotectonic fabric on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge flanks, 28° to 29°N: Implications for the limits of tectonic deformation and abyssal hill formation, Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, 5, Q02994, doi:10:1029/2004GC000584, pp. 27, 2004.
- Briais, A., H. Sloan, L.M. Parson, and P.J. Murton, Accretionary processes in the axial valley of the Mid- Atlantic Ridge 27°- 30°N from TOBI Side-scan Sonar images. Marine Geophysical Researches, 21: 87-119, 2000.
Published Abstracts and Presentations
- Webster, J. D., E. A. Mathez, R. J. Kinzler, and H. Sloan, Telling the story of the Earth at the American Museum of Natural History, Meeting of the Geological Society of America, 2010.
- Sloan, H., D. Sauter, M. Cannat, J. A. Goff, P. Patriat, M. Schaming, and W. Roest, From slow to ultra-slow: How does spreading rate affect seafloor roughness and crustal thickness? EOS Trans AGU, 87(52), Fall Meet. Suppl., 2010. Poster presented at the 2010 Fall Meeting of the AGU, San Francisco, CA, December, 2010.
Last modified: Jan 10, 2013