- Developed gel filtration technique to purify samples prior to 31Phosphorus Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy analysis, and identified previously unreported forms of organic phosphorus.
- Developed and taught classes pertaining to environmental sciences at Lehman College of the City University of New York, and Advanced Biogeochemistry course at Soil and Water Science Department, University of Florida; consistently rate as an excellent professor by students (evidenced by student evaluations so far).
- Featured in “In Focus #307- Story of Sludge” WGCU/NPR Public Broadcasting, 2003.
- Provided expert opinion on effects of global warming on ecosystems (i.e., I was quoted in article, namely, Warming Will Lead to Major Disease Outbreaks, Expert Warn by Nicholas Bakalar on National Geographic News, December 02, 2005
(http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1202_051202_warming_health_2.html). The opinions provided are now frequently quoted on web blogs, as well. Others whose opinions were also included in the article were a professor of medicine at the State University of New York at Buffalo, and associate director of the Center for Health and the Global Environment at Harvard University.
Course and Curricula Development
- Developed an undergraduate course, namely, Environmental Impact Assessment, GEO 440 at Lehman College of the City University of New York.
- Developed an undergraduate course, namely, Environmental Biogeochemistry, GEO 410.
- Developed an undergraduate course, namely, Introduction to Environmental Science, GEP 210 at Lehman College of the City University of New York.
- Participated in the development of Letter of Intent for Interdisciplinary Bachelor of Science Program in Environmental Science at Lehman College of the City University of New York
- Coordinated the development of proposal for B.S. Program in Interdisciplinary Environmental Science (at Lehman College of the City University of New York).
- Provided opinions on Scientists mull quiet '09 hurricane season, if global warming equals more storms, where are they? Metro News- New York, Boston and Philadelphia Editions, August 11, 2009, page 05 (http://www.metro.us/us/article/2009/08/10/23/4727-82/index.xml)
- Provided opinions on debate on global warming, “Overall temps on rising trend” NY Metro (newspaper), April 28, 2009, page 10 (http://www.readmetro.com/show/en/NewYork/20090428/2/10/)
- Provided expert opinions on controversy surrounding the possible opening of Pelham Bay Park Landfill, Bronx, NY for public recreation. New 12 Bronx, August 11, 2007 (http://www.news12.com/Login/authenticate_main?referer=http://www.news12.com%2FBX%2Ftopstories).
- Provided expert opinions on topics related to Global Warming to Meridian, the Students Voice of Lehman College, the City University of New York (http://media.www.lcmeridian.com/media/storage/paper806/news/2007/09/03/StudentLife
- Organized a Global Warming awareness seminar (Nationwide Climate Change Educational Initiative) presented by Dr. E. Goodstein, Professor at Lewis and Clark College, OR, and Director of Focus the Nation on Solutions to Global Warming on September 18, 2006.
- Participation in the Research and Development Topics meeting, UK, July 1992 (organized by the Royal Society of Chemistry, Analytical Division, UK).
- Participation in Scottish International Resource Project, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, July 1992 organized by Scottish International Resource Project, British Council, Scotland, UK).
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011