- 1998 Dalhousie University Halifax, N.S., Canada Ph.D., Environmental Biology
- 1993 University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK M.Sc., Analytical Chemistry
- 1986 Amrit Science Campus, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal B.Sc., Biology
- 2004-present Assistant Professor (tenured) of Environmental Science, Department of Earth, Environmental and Geospatial Sciences, Lehman College, the City University of New York (CUNY).
- Director of Interdisciplinary Environmental Science Program (2009-present).
- Department Chair, Department of Earth, Environmental and Geospatial Sciences (September 2012-June 2014).
- Co-chair of the Department of Earth, Environmental and Geospatial Sciences (September 2009-June 2010).
- June 2002-August 2004 Visiting Assistant Professor (working title)
Environmental Soil and Water Studies, University of Florida, IFAS Research and Education Center, Ona, Florida.
Duties include: conducting research pertaining to phosphorus and nitrogen dynamics in agricultural catchments and their relations to water quality.
- Fall 2003-Spring 2004 Adjunct Faculty
Natural Science Department, Manatee Community College, Bradenton, Florida.
Duty: teaching (taught Biology: Basis of Life, which included ecology to evolution; total 15 credits, 20 class hours).
- February 1998-May 2002 Postdoctoral Associate
Soil and Water Science Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Duty: conducting research on phosphorus dynamics in wetland and aquatic processes.
- Initiatives: Developed and taught Advanced Biogeochemistry (a graduate level course; 2 credits) at University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida in spring 2002); Developed and taught Advances in Biogeochemistry (a graduate level course; 1 credit) at University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida in fall 2000.
- August 1994-July 1995 Program Officer
The King Mahendra Trust for Nature Conservation, Head Office, Kathmandu, Nepal. Duties include: Development of projects and programs; media relations.
Last modified: Apr 7, 2015