From Program Coordinators, Daniel Stuckart and Sherry Deckman
Welcome to our Master of Arts in Social Studies Education Program at Lehman College for new and existing teachers! We offer a 39-42 credit M.A. Program and Advanced Certificate leading to grades 7-12 certification.
- Spring Admission by October 15
- Fall Admission by April 15
Or begin anytime as a non-matriculant student and transfer up to 12 credits into your degree:
Spring 2018 Advisement Hours
- By Appointment only
M.A. in Social Studies Education
Candidates with undergraduate degree and social studies background (either an undergraduate history/social science major or 30 credits of 21 history/9 social sciences)
- -39-42 credit program leading to NYS Initial 7-12 Social Studies Certification
Advanced Certificate in Social Studies Education
Candidates holding a Masters degree in an approved social science or J.D.
- -24-27 credit program leading to Initial 7-12 NYS Social Studies Certification
Trans B Alternative Certification
- 45 credit program for qualified candidates who want to begin teaching full-time after completing first three courses, workshops and certification examinations