Full payment (tuition and fees payable by check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or Discover (credit card accepted for class tuition $35 and above) is required at the time of registration, prior to attending class(es). NO CASH PAYMENTS ACCEPTED.
It’s Easy to Register!
- Register online here. Please indicate current contact information including at least two phone numbers.
- Call (718) 960-8512 during office hours
- Fax completed registration form to (718) 733-3254 with (MasterCard,VISA or Discover information)
- Send completed registration form with payment information to:
Lehman College, Office of Continuing Education
Carman Hall, Room 128
250 Bedford Park Blvd. West
Bronx, NY 10468-1589-1589
Make check or money order payable to “Lehman College.”
- Visit Lehman College, address above, or CUNY on the Concourse, 2501 Grand Concourse.
Note: Students registering by phone, mail or fax will be sent a tuition receipt. All others pick up receipts at the location at which they registered, Lehman College or CUNY on the Concourse. Please review your receipt carefully. Call 718-960-8512 if you need any changes-to update your address or phone(s) or email information, etc.
Room Location If it is not listed on receipt, call (718) 960-8512 during regular business hours prior to the first class meeting or see posting outside Carman Hall. Room 128. In the event a course is cancelled, we attempt to notify students; however, students are advised to verify the status of courses by calling (718) 960-8512 no earlier than 24 hours prior to the first class meeting.
- $20 - Registration Fee (payable each semester)
- $ 4 - Transcript or Certificate fee
- $25 - Application for certificate programs
- $16.25 - Returned Checks
- $ 5 - Replacement of lost Real Estate or Teacher cent.
- $10 - Replacement of lost CUNYCard
- $ 3 - Replacement of lost tuition receipt
Discounts are given toward the tuition of one course per semester on a space available basis. Discounts are given on tuition only. Registrants must provide I.D. proof. There are no discounts given on courses $100 or less and specific courses as noted in the brochure.. Note: only one discount may be applied. To apply discounts, call (718) 960-8512.
- 15% Senior citizens (62 years and older)
- 10% Lehman College current degree students or alumni and 1 child
- 50% Lehman College employees
- 15% Children of Lehman College employees
- 25% CUNY employees
Notice The College reserves the right to cancel courses, adjust curricula and hours, close facilities, substitute instructors, change locations, substitute equipment or limit enrollment without notice. For the latest course and schedule information, please call (718)960-8512.
If you wish to inquire about disability services please contact the Conrinuing Education Registrar, Maryann Drago-Dowling at 718-960- 8077, to discuss your individual needs. Requests for accommodations must be accompanied by documentation of disability. Please submit requests and documentation well in advance of class start date to ensure that reasonable accommodation requests can be processed in a timely manner.
On-site Course Refunds Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received before the date of the first class for 100% refunds and before the second class for 50% refunds.
- 100% refund if course is cancelled by the College
- 100% refund, less the registration fee, prior to 1st class
- 50% refund, less the registration fee, prior to 2nd class
No refunds after the second class meeting or after the start of classes for courses of less than four weeks duration. Refunds are made by credit card or check, depending on form of payment used for registration. Note: The refund process may take up to 8 weeks.
Allied Health Class Refunds Students who fail to complete physical exam documentation required for clinical prior to the 2nd class meeting, will receive only a partial tuition refund if they withdrew.
Online Course Refunds CAP10, VPW10 and SWA10 Workshops are non-refundable. Online PFP66: A 100% refund, less registration may be issued within five days of registration for the course. For other online courses click here or see our brochure
Course Substitutions for Certificate Program Courses Course substitutions need permission of the program coordinator(s). Students must complete a Waiver of Course form available in the Office of Continuing Education.
Grades and Transcripts Grades - Grade reports are mailed at the conclusion of each semester. Transcripts - Students should complete a Transcript Request form. Include $4 (check or money order payable to “LehmanCollege”). Call (718) 960-8512.
Certificate Requests Students satisfactorily completing a Continuing Education Course* or Program* may request a Certificate for $4 (check or money order). *Exceptions: No fee required for Dental Assistant, Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) courses, English as a Second Language Institute and children’s courses. For Program Certificates, students must submit a program application $25, before registering for 2nd class requirement, and certificate request form $4. Download or call (718) 960-8512 to obtain form.
Certificate Programs To earn a program certificate, students must apply for and be accepted into a program and successfully complete program requirements. Students must have a high school diploma or GED to be admitted. Please refer to specific program as some require additional education or degrees. Basic computer skills are recommended. To apply:
- Request a Certificate Program Application: call (718) 960-8512 or download it from here.
- Attach a photocopy of high school diploma or GED or official copy of proof of highest level of education attained or transcript.
- Mail with a $25 check or money order payable to “Lehman College” to Maryann Drago-Dowling, Registrar, Lehman College, Office of Continuing Education, 250 Bedford Park Blvd. West, Bronx, NY 10468-1589.
Those planning to complete a certificate program may enroll in a maximum of 2 courses without being formally admitted. Certificate requirements are those in effect at the time a student’s application is accepted.
STUDENTS MAY REGISTER FOR INDIVIDUAL COURSES UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
Continuing Education Units A CEU represents a nationally recognized instrument for documenting participation in non-credit programs. One CEU equals 10 hours of class participation. Continuing education credits may not be transferred to a degree bearing program.
Code of Conduct Students should refer to the Lehman College Student Handbook online [PDF]
Last modified: Jan 8, 2013