Instructor, Lehman Academy for Children & Teens – Part Time
The Lehman Academy is seeking Part Time Instructors for our Saturday Enrichment Courses for children and teens. Our enrichment courses include Academic Skills Improvement, Arts, Technology, Sports, Swimming, etc. This is a part-time position and teachers will be assigned according to their area of expertise.
We are currently seeking teachers for our upcoming classes as follows:
- Fun with English Language Arts for Ages 4 – 5
- English Language Arts for Grades 5 and 6
- English Language Arts for Grades 7 and 8
- Swimming Classes (up to date WSI and CPR certificates required)
- Lifeguard Positions also available (lifeguard and CPR certificates required)
- Prepare and submit a syllabus prior to class start date.
- Provide brief orientation to parents and children on first day of class
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and students progress
- Report to class on time and stay in class for the duration of scheduled class time
- Report to Children’s Academy Coordinator
- Engage children in age appropriate learning activities
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Salary: commensurate with experience
The position requires teaching experience in early childhood or area of expertise.
Bachelor’s degree preferred and teaching certificate
Please send your cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references and specify your area of expertise in the body of email. Attn: Marleen Bustelo, Children’s Academy Coordinator email@example.com
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking instructors with Bachelors/Masters Degree or students working towards completion of Masters Degree to teach the following courses:
Web Design 1
Web Design 2
Graphics for Web Design (teaching how to creative design web pages, buttons, use of images, illustrations, typography)
The business of Graphic Design
PHP& SQL language
Must be able to prepare the syllabus to be submitted before teaching. An outline of the syllabus will be given as guidelines. Must be eligible to work in the US. The classes will be in Lehman College in the Bronx.
send their CV to the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact before July 2,2014 to be considered. After that will be on the wait list.
CISCO Certified Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time teachers, who are Cisco Certified Instructors, to teach in the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Associate(CCNET), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) programs, and CCNA Security. These are ongoing programs with part-time flexible schedules during the day, evening, and weekend.
Please email your cover letter and resume with two reference names and contact information to: Youssry.Youssef@lehman.cuny.edu
CISCO Certified A+ InstructorsThe School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time teachers, who are CISCO Certified Instructors, to teach the A+ Computer Technician course.
Classes will be offered during the day and/or evening.
Please email your cover letter and resume with two reference names and contact information to:Youssry.Youssef@lehman.cuny.edu
Tax Preparer Instructor
Instructors needed to teach in the Tax Return Preparer Certificate Program. Topics include how to prepare basic individual forms (tax credits, deductions and tax consequences); 1040 series and wage income forms taxation for different types of income (small business, rental investment, and retirement) and more complex tax returns, including capital gains tax. The certificate program is designed to teach individuals including new and experienced tax preparer the basics of how to prepare individual federal and state tax forms. The emphasis is on practical learning through class exercises and real examples.
The course is a 30 hours and runs two nights a week in the fall.
- Enrolled Agent
- At least 15 years of practical tax preparing experience.
- Familiarity with the rules and regulations regarding state and federal taxes.
- College degree
- Knowledge of new IRS Competency Exam
- Knowledge of PowerPoint required
- Teaching experience a bonus
Contact: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Continuing Education Teacher
Location: Lehman College; Continuing Education
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
General Duties: The ESL Institute is seeking part-time instructors for Spring/Summer/Fall Semesters . The duties include teaching integrated skills classes to adult learners of all levels of proficiency. Specific subjects include Grammar, Reading, Writing, and Communication Skills.
Campus Specific Information
Classes are offered on Lehman campus and CUNY on the Concourse.
Master’s degree in TESOL or TESOL Certificate required.
Please email your cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lifeguards Wanted Year Round
Certified lifeguards needed throughout the year. Weekday, weekend, and weeknight hours are available. Qualified individuals should e-mail current certifications, rèsumè, and cover letter to email@example.com
- Pool assistants must have CPR and Lifeguard credentials
- Instructors must have CPR and Water Safety Instructor
- Eligible candidates wishing to work with students ages 4-15 may e-mail a letter of interest with a rèsumè to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Documents must be in Word doc or PDF format.)
- At minimum, applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree and have experience working with children. Candidates must supply references and background information.
- All positions are currently filled, but we actively recruit for year-round classes. We have academic, sports, music, art, performance, and alternative learning classes for all ages.
Qualified applicants interested in teaching in any other of the areas listed in the Continuing Education brochure are invited to submit a rèsumè with a cover letter to:
New course proposals are welcome.
Last modified: May 6, 2015