Certified Medical Assistant Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time instructors, who can teach in our Certified Medical Assistant program. Courses include: Medical Terminology/Anatomy and Physiology; Clinical Practice, Principles and Skills; Fundamentals of Medical Assisting; and Medical Office Business Practice. Classes meet in evenings and Saturdays. Courses begin in the fall.
- Prepare for each course to be taught from syllabus consistent with course descriptions
- Impress upon each student the importance of exhibiting appropriate conduct in the work setting
- Acquire feedback to determine whether students understand each segment of the course
- Maintain academic standards consistent with a professional certificate program
- Evaluate students' progress often and share those evaluations with them promptly
- Be available to students with concerns
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant
- BA or BS degree
- At least (3) years of experience in the field
- Excellent customer service skills
- Teaching experience preferred
- Flexible schedule required.
Send cover letter and resume to Goher Murtaza at email@example.com
CISCO Certified Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time teachers, who are Cisco Certified Instructors, to teach in the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Associate(CCNET), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) programs, and CCNA Security. These are ongoing programs with part-time flexible schedules during the day, evening, and weekend.
Please email your cover letter and resume with two reference names and contact information to: Youssry.Youssef@lehman.cuny.edu
CISCO Certified A+ InstructorsThe School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time teachers, who are CISCO Certified Instructors, to teach the A+ Computer Technician course.
Classes will be offered during the day and/or evening.
Please email your cover letter and resume with two reference names and contact information to:Youssry.Youssef@lehman.cuny.edu
Continuing Education Registered Nurse Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time instructors, who are Registered Nurses, to teach Home Health Aid Training Program. Instructors are required to follow the New York State Department of Health curriculum guidelines to teach the course.
Campus Specific Information:
Classes are held at Lehman College at CUNY on the Concourse.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Nursing
- 1 year of Nursing experience
- 1 year of Home Health Aid experience
- Nursing Registration
- Part-time & Full-time flexible schedules
Please email your cover letter, resume, and two professional references with contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathematics and English Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking two part time teachers in the field of Mathematics and English.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in Higher Education
- Ability to deliver instruction that is engaging and effective
- Experience implementing adult learning techniques to instruct diverse students with various learning styles
- Professional knowledge and skills in Workforce Education
- Collaborate with a team to develop curriculum for Adult Learners
- Participate in meetings to present feedback for program assessment
- Part-time flexible schedules
Please email your resume with a cover letter with two references to: email@example.com
Tax Preparer Instructor
Instructors needed to teach in the Tax Return Preparer Certificate Program. Topics include how to prepare basic individual forms (tax credits, deductions and tax consequences); 1040 series and wage income forms taxation for different types of income (small business, rental investment, and retirement) and more complex tax returns, including capital gains tax. The certificate program is designed to teach individuals including new and experienced tax preparer the basics of how to prepare individual federal and state tax forms. The emphasis is on practical learning through class exercises and real examples.
The course is a 30 hours and runs two nights a week in the fall.
- Enrolled Agent
- At least 15 years of practical tax preparing experience.
- Familiarity with the rules and regulations regarding state and federal taxes.
- College degree
- Knowledge of new IRS Competency Exam
- Knowledge of PowerPoint required
- Teaching experience a bonus
Contact: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Teacher
Location: Lehman College; Continuing Education
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
General Duties: The ESL Institute is seeking part-time instructors for the Spring/Summer Semester of 2013. The duties include teaching integrated skills classes to adult learners of all levels of proficiency. Specific subjects include Grammar, Reading, Writing, and Communication Skills.
Campus Specifict Information
Classes are offered on Lehman campus and CUNY on the Concourse.
Master’s degree in TESOL or related field is required.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
Lifeguards Wanted Year Round
Certified lifeguards needed throughout the year. Weekday, weekend, and weeknight hours are available. Qualified individuals should e-mail current certifications, rèsumè, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pool assistants must have CPR and Lifeguard credentials
- Instructors must have CPR and Water Safety Instructor
- Eligible candidates wishing to work with students ages 4-15 may e-mail a letter of interest with a rèsumè to email@example.com. (Documents must be in Word doc or PDF format.)
- At minimum, applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree and have experience working with children. Candidates must supply references and background information.
- All positions are currently filled, but we actively recruit for year-round classes. We have academic, sports, music, art, performance, and alternative learning classes for all ages.
Qualified applicants interested in teaching in any other of the areas listed in the Continuing Education brochure are invited to submit a rèsumè with a cover letter to:
Robert Wechsler, Ph.D
School of Continuing and Professional Studies
250 Bedford Park Blvd. W.
Bronx, NY 10468
New course proposals are welcome.
Last modified: Sep 25, 2013