Thinking of changing jobs, advancing in your position, or learning a new skill? The School of Continuing and Professional Studies can help you meet your professional and personal goals with the following programs:
The Adult Degree Program is a bachelor's degree program designed to meet the special needs of mature women and men with family and work responsibilities. Features of this exceptional program include convenient schedules; individual, on-going counseling; credit for life experience; the opportunity to design your own individualized major; online courses and special seminars.
- Employee training is an important part of attracting and retaining a skilled workforce. We offer on-site professional customized training, contextualized curriculum, flexible scheduling, and affordable group rates to employers and nonprofit organizations.
- Continuing Education offers a vast array of affordable professional certificate programs. Classes are taught by faculty members with extensive experience in their fields. You can acquire the knowledge and skills to obtain national and state certifications.
- The English as a Second Language program helps international students who are planning to enter college and increase their chance of success.
- Test preparation classes include GED, SAT, GRE, GMAT preparation as well as professional test prep such as LSAT., CST, and ATS-W.
- For personal enrichment and to enjoy your leisure time, we offer exciting Continuing Education classes in art, music, photography, video, culinary arts, physical fitness, languages, writing, math and business skills.
- For children, learning opportunities are plentiful in our Pre-College: Classes for Ages 4-16 program. These courses offer quality instruction and foster academic achievement, creative endeavors and physical fitness. In the summer, our popular and affordable "More than a Camp-Kidz at Lehman College" provides enrichment, enhances creativity, and helps develop physical fitness and social skills.
- The Bronx Small Business Development Center (SBDC), with its expert counselors, assists budding entrepreneurs turn ideas into businesses, helps small firms expand, identifies sources of financing and offers a full complement of workshops to expand your knowledge of what is involved in owning and operating a successful small business. With its public and private sector partners, these services are offered free of charge.
Explore our website to learn more about the educational opportunities available from a program with a 33-year record of success in helping participants reach their goals. We look forward to seeing you at one of our open houses.
Marzie Jafari, Dean
School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Lehman College, CUNY
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011