Mission Statement and Learning Goals & Objectives
M.A. Program in Speech-Language Pathology
The graduate program in the Department of Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). The primary goal of the graduate program is to prepare students to meet the academic and clinical requirements for the ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) and New York State Licensure in Speech-Language Pathology.
The mission of the graduate program is to prepare students who understand the importance of
- integrating theory and research into evidence-based practice;
- analytic thought in clinical decision-making;
- applying technology to clinical practice, when appropriate;
- sensitivity to and respect for multilinguistic and multicultural differences;
- effective professional communication skills; and
- lifelong learning.
Last modified: Oct 25, 2011