Come work alongside PETA staff to get an inside look at the world’s largest animal rights organization! Whether you need college credit or are just looking to bolster your resume, interning at PETA gives you a unique experience that will last a lifetime.
As a PETA intern you will:
- Work with staff members on a daily basis to hone your skills as an animal rights activist
- Have the opportunity to attend various trainings that will expand your knowledge of animal rights issues
- Work with the PETA staff to develop a plan on how to bring animal rights back to your campus or hometown
- Work with our campaigns staff to help organize and participate in attention-grabbing demonstrations
- Help raise awareness about animal rights through tabling, leafleting, and other grassroots outreach efforts
Assignments are generally based on the needs of the organizations as well as interns' skills and interests, and they vary by department. Opportunities include participating in grassroots activities, including demonstrations, community outreach, and tabling events; conducting online research; assisting with viral promotional postings; and getting the animal rights message out through various efforts locally, nationally, and internationally. Interns also do clerical work, prepare mailings, make phone calls, and work on other projects as needed in each department.
Along with the hard work, comes a long list of perks, and let’s not forget tons of fun! From potlucks to PETA’s holiday party to department retreats, interns are an integral part of the team! PETA staff and the animals appreciate every hour our interns spend working to further our efforts, which is why we offer many benefits that most internships don’t.
For example, as an intern you will:
- Participate in exciting demonstrations and outreach events
- Travel to PETA and peta2 events, taking place all around North America
- Dine on free and delicious vegan lunches every weekday
How to Apply:
There are no deadlines for internship applications. We accept them year-round and review them as they arrive. We make a decision within two weeks of receiving the application. To apply, you should:
Download PETA's intern application, complete it, attach a résumé, and e-mail these items to InternApplicants@peta.org.
All the application materials need to be collected by the applicant and sent to the intern coordinator via e-mail to InternApplicants@peta.org. You will receive a response within two weeks of the date that we receive your application materials stating whether you have been accepted for PETA's internship program.