- How can I earn college honors?
- How can I earn honors in my major?
- Is Lehman College affiliated with any Honor Societies?
Students are eligible for College honors at graduation if they have completed at least 60 credits in residence at Lehman College, of which at least 42 are indexable, with a minimum cumulative index of 3.4. (See definition of credits in residence under the heading "Credit Requirements" in the section on "Degree Requirements" in this Bulletin.) The following honors may be awarded:
|Cum Laude||Index of 3.4-3.59|
|Magna cum laude||Index of 3.6-3.79|
|Summa cum laude||Index of 3.8-4.0|
Yes. Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society are national honor societies with established chapters at Lehman. In addition, the Golden Key International Honor Society has a chapter at Lehman. See the Lehman Undergraduate Bulletin and your faculty advisor in your major for more information about honor societies at Lehman.
Other honor societies at Lehman College are:
- Chi Sigma Iota (Counseling)
- Sigma Beta Delta (Economics and Business)
- Kappa Delta Pi (Education)
- Phi Alpha Theta (History)
- Chi Alpha Epsilon (SEEK)
- The National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Sigma Theta Tau (Nursing)
- Phi Sigma Tau (Philosophy)
- Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science)
- Psi Chi (Psychology)
- Alpha Kappa Delta (Sociology)
- Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish)
Last modified: Feb 2, 2015