Academic Advising, Standards & Evaluations

Taking courses at another CUNY college

In order to take courses at another CUNY College:

  • Decide which college you want to attend and which course(s) you want to take.
    • If you are looking for a course to replace a specific Lehman course, you may be able to find some help at the City University TIPPS (Transfer Information and Planning System) website. Click on "Course Equivalencies", then select the other school as your "Transferring From" school and Lehman as your "Transferring To" school. Then it's a simple matter of selecting the Lehman course you want and seeing if the other school has a predetermined equivalent.
      • The information on TIPPS is limited and sometimes out of date. If you would like to take a course that is not listed in TIPPS, consult a faculty advisor in the academic department that houses the equivalent Lehman course.
    • You will be able to register for these other CUNY courses through e-SIMS by selecting the appropriate College. For further information about the course or the school, visit that College's website.
Baruch College Kingsborough Community College
Borough of Manhattan Community College LaGuardia Community College
Bronx Community College New York City College of Technology
Brooklyn College Queens College
City College of New York Queensborough Community College
Medgar Evers College College of Staten Island
Hostos Community College Stella and Charles Guttman Community College
Hunter College York College
John Jay College of Criminal Justice  

Click HERE for more information on the CUNY e-permit process.


Once you have earned 60 credits in an associate degree program, you may not transfer any additional credits from an associate degree program toward the 120 credits needed to graduate, even though those additonal courses may be used to fill Lehman graduation requirements.

You may transfer in no more than ninety credits from ANY college.

Last modified: Apr 5, 2014

Text Only Version of Site | Make This Website Talk